My 219th recipe, "Easy Herbed Garlic Bread", a quick and easy game day snack/appetizer/side. Made with a french/Italian bread, topped with butter, cheese & fresh herbs and baked until golden. One of the most flavorful homemade deals you would get.
Olive garden is one of my favorite places to have dinner. While I love items like minestrone soup, ravioli, etc. from the menu, the garlic bread which is served on the side is what drives me to go there frequently. I absolutely love the cheese, butter and garlic flavor combo on the bread they serve.
I have seen many recipes on the Food Network where people make a herb garlic bread. To me it looked like it would have a similar flavor profile and delicious. I usually make cheese sticks at home, however today was the first time I tried making this herb garlic bread.
What can possibly go wrong with the recipe ? It has butter, garlic, cheese and herbs on a bread and baked until nicely golden on the edges. The good thing about this recipe is that you can use any herb of your choice
. And it might appear to be slightly not so healthier. But definitely it is worth trying once in a while for its rich flavor. And a perfect snack to make for your hungry kids, anytime of the day. All you need is just 15 mins to get this on the table 🙂
For other similar appetizer / snack inspirations, look at my recipes here
Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
- French bread - 1 large
- Butter - 1 stick softened, room temperature
- Garlic - 4 cloves minced
- Chopped Pasley / Cilantro / Basil - 2 Tbsp finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese - ¼ cup
- Freshly ground black pepper - ¼ tsp adjust per taste
- Salt - ⅛ tsp adjust per taste
- First add the room temperature butter and all other ingredients (except bread) in a mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Then slice the french bread length wise as shown in the pic. Using the back of a spoon spread the butter mixture evenly on top of the bread.
- Place it on a baking sheet and Bake in the oven for about 10-15 mins until the edges turn slightly golden brown.
- Pull out of the oven, let it rest for 1 min and then slice the bread into pieces. Serve hot or at room temperature
Notes | FAQ
- I used chopped cilantro for the recipe. As listed, you should be also able to use fresh parsley or basil as per your taste preference.
- Adjust the quantity of butter mixture based on the size of your bread. I had a little butter mixture left after spreading.
- I used unsalted butter and hence needed about ⅛ tsp of salt to season the butter mixture. Since we are adding parmesan cheese as well, before adding the salt, you can give the mixture a taste and add accordingly.
- For added flavor, you can also add a pinch of Italian seasoning and/or aa drizzle of olive oil to the butter mixture.
- Serve it with some marinara sauce as accompaniment
- If you dont like the flavor of garlic, feel free to skip it or reduce the quantity