My 162nd post, “Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks”, a super delicious variation of the regular bread sticks. While I had the choice of ordering a pizza from Pizza Hut when I was in India, I never was really fond of having one. It was just a very rare affair.
But once I moved to the US, suddenly I grew a love for Pizza Hut. Initially I used to order a pizza and cheese sticks atleast twice a week. There was nothing more delicious than a warm and cheesy breadstick along with a dip in the lovely marinara sauce. But that love did not last for long and it soon changed into an aversion within a few months. Since RK still loves pizza and cheesy bread sticks he used to order from Pizza hut once a month or so.
But I started feeling heavy after eating the yeasty bread sticks and could not eat more than a small piece. So when I came across a recipe which used a cauliflower crust I was overjoyed. I wanted to immediately try making it, since Cauliflower is my most favorite vegetable. When I made it today, I really fell for it. It was easy to make and to me it tasted so wonderful. I would rank this Cheesy cauliflower breadsticks to be more delicious than its yeasty cousin. Probably a slightly healthier way to enjoy a wonderful breadstick 😉 The recipe was adapted from here.
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks is a wonderful and comparatively healthier cousin of the yeasty bread sticks using a cauliflower crust instead.
- Cauliflower - 1 small - 1 small
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese / Italian Cheese Blend - 1 + 1/2 Cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves (grated)
- Dry Oregano - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Fresh ground pepper - 1 tsp (adjust per taste)
- First wash and chop up the cauliflower florets. Discard the stems. Add only the florets to a mixie/blender/food processor and pulse it until it turns into small rice sized particles. It measured 2 Cups for me after pulsing.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a lid and microwave for 10 mins. Remove it and leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (1 Cup of cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper) to the cauliflower and mix well until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Transfer the cauliflower mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form it into a rectangle and smooth the sides and top. I used an icing spatula to even it out. Bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until it is golden brown on the top.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle on the 1/2 cup of cheese to cover the top and bake for a further 5 mins until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
- Slice using a pizza cutter and enjoy hot.
- You can also grate the cauliflower finely instead of pulsing.
- The cauliflower after pulsing measure 2 Cups for me. All other ingredients are measured based on the quantity of cauliflower after pulsing.
- I used Italian cheese blend instead of just plain mozzarella cheese.
- I just had 1/2 cup of cheese left for topping. You can add as much you need to top the breadstick.
Sending this recipe to the First Blog Anniversary Celebration of Delectable Flavours.