My 204th recipe, "Strawberry Milk", a easy and healthy drink for your kids. While I was growing up, I was not very fond of sodas or juices. Among the drinks I loved, flavored milk was always on top of the list. I used to especially like the chocolate milk and strawberry milk which came in tetra packs or small bottles. However it has been a long time since I had one of them 🙁 Now-a-days I started enjoying more cold coffees and milkshakes and that is what I end up making most of the times at home. However, this time around I wanted to rekindle some of the fond memories of my childhood. Unlike a strawberry milkshake which is very creamy with the addition of ice cream, this strawberry milk is thinner and healthier. It is also very easy to make. You just have to make the strawberry syrup once and store it in the refrigerator. And for the next few days whenever you or your kids are thirsty, it is as simple as blending some of the syrup with cold milk and you would have a healthy cold drink within seconds 🙂
- Strawberry - 10 chopped
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Milk Dairy/non-Dairy - 2 Cups
- First add the chopped strawberries, sugar, water to a small pan and bring it to a boil in medium flame.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, turn down the flame to low and cook for a further 10 mins. Using a spoon, slightly mash the strawberries while cooking.
- Turn off the flame and leave the syrup to cool down. Once cooled down, add it to a blender/mixie and blend until smooth. Filter the syrup using a fine mesh filter and store it in the refrigerator to cool down.
- Whenever you want to prepare the strawberry milk, add about 2 Tbsp of the syrup to 1 cup of cold milk into a blender/mixie. Beat well.
- Serve cold.
Notes | FAQ
- Add more or less syrup to the milk, as per your taste buds.
- You can substitute sugar with your choice of sweetener.