My 174th recipe, “Cold Coffee (Indian Style)”, a super cool drink for the summer. Being a South Indian, I love to start my day with a cup of hot coffee. However there are times, especially in summer, when I crave for a refreshing coffee but not the hot one. This simple yet super delicious cold coffee is my goto drink during such occasions.
I have good company on this since it is one of RK’s favorite too. He is not a big fan of soda or other cool drinks. So, this is a goto drink for him as well. While I have tasted cold coffee only at Cafe Coffee day in Chennai, RK says that he likes the one at Satyam Cinemas better. It seems to have the right level of coffee favor and creaminess and a perfect drink to have while watching the movies 😉 Though this is a very basic coffee recipe, thought of sharing it as a dedication to all coffee lovers like us 🙂
Cold Coffee (Indian Style)
Cold Coffee made the Indian Style is a super delicious, creamy and dreamy cold coffee which is a perfectly refreshing cold drink for the summer.
- Warm Water - 2 Tbsp
- Instant Coffee Powder - 1 Tbsp (adjust per taste preference)
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp (adjust per taste preference)
- Cold Milk - 1 3/4 Cup
- Vanilla Ice cream - 1/4 Cup
- First, add the water, sugar and coffee powder to a blender/mixie. Pulse it 2 or 3 times until the sugar and coffee powder is dissolved.
- Add the milk, vanilla ice cream and blend nicely for 2 mins or so until everything is combined well and frothy.
- Serve cold.
- Instead of blending the ice cream in, you can also serve it on top of the coffee.
- Instead of vanilla ice cream, for a variation you can use chocolate ice cream. Also, optionally you can add in 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- To get more adventurous, you can top it off with whipped cream as well.
- Adjust the quantity of ice cream as per your desire. Add more for a creamier and thicker coffee.