My 203rd recipe, “Cilantro Lime Rice”, a quick and easy Mexican style rice. Though I am not a huge fan of burritos, the one thing I love about them is the rice stuffing. Especially, I love the rice from the burrito available at Chipotle.
When I craved to have my dinner at Chipotle a few days back, RK decided against stopping there. He knew that my craving was just a passing cloud and once I am inside, I would not be able to complete my burrito. Though there is nothing wrong with the burrito as such, it is probably the large size of it, for which I need to stretch out my jaws like an anaconda, which puts me off. So once I reached home, I decided to recreate my favorite parts of a burrito.
I already posted the beans recipe a couple of days back and now it is the turn of the cilantro lime rice. While I make a lots of rice recipes using my pressure cooker like the tomato rice, pulao, etc. nothing would be more simpler and less time consuming than this incredible cilantro lime rice.
But simple doesn’t mean that we are losing out on flavor. It is one of the flavorful rices I have tasted. The lime adds a nice tang to the rice and the cilantro adds a fresh herby flavor which I absolutely love. If you are bored of the usual rice you prepare for the lunchbox, this is surely one interesting rice you can make for a change, in a heartbeat 😉
Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Tbsp Butter / Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro leaves (tightly packed)
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1 Cup Water
- First soak the basmati rice for 10 mins. Also, zest and juice the lime and keep aside. Heat a pressure cooker pan and add the butter. Once melted, add the basmati rice and saute for 2 mins, until a nice aroma arises.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, salt, 1/2 the quantity of cilantro and mix well.
- Add the water, mix well and close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle or until done.
- Wait until the pressure subsides. Open the lid of the cooker, add the remaining 1/2 of the cilantro and mix well.
- Serve hot.