My 179th recipe, "Strawberry Lassi", a super cool and healthy drink for the summer. As mentioned in one my earlier posts, lassi is a famous Indian drink made by adding sugar or fruit to yogurt. It is one of my favorite and goto drinks during summer. Whenever I visit an Indian restaurant I would normally order a mango lassi, since mango is one of my most favorite fruits.
However, strawberries are my favorite too, but I never see a lassi made out of strawberries. Only then I started making my own strawberry lassi at home. It is very easy to make. Whenever you crave for a cold drink, it is as simple as throwing in the fruit along with the other ingredients from the refrigerator and you can enjoy a glass of this cool strawberry lassi in no time. Also, during my childhood, Rose milk was one among my favorite drinks. The addition of a little bit of the rose essence to this lassi, combines my love for both lassi and rose milk in a single drink 😉
- 10 large Strawberry (about 1 Cup after chopping)
- ¾ Cup Yogurt | Curd
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ½ Tbsp Sugar (adjust per taste)
- 3 drops Rose essence
- First chop up the strawberries and leave it in the freezer for a minimum of 30 mins.
<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/strala-1.jpg" alt="lassi" width="48%" /> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/strala-2.jpg" alt="lassi" width="48%" />
- Add the frozen strawberries to a mixie/blender along with the yogurt, milk, sugar and rose essence. Blend until smooth.
<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/strala-3.jpg" alt="lassi" width="48%" /> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/strala-4.jpg" alt="lassi" width="48%" />
- Serve chilled.<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/strawberry-lassi-1.jpg" alt="strawberry lassi" width="100%" /> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/strawberry-lassi-2.jpg" alt="strawberry lassi" width="100%" />