My 127th recipe, “Mango Lassi”, my favorite cold drink. Lassi is a popular yogurt based dish from India. Traditionally, lassi is a savory drink flavored with ground cumin. But the popular version, probably world famous, is the sweet one, which is made by adding just sugar or fruits. When I posted the Green smoothie a few days back, I had mentioned about my love for mangoes. Mango was my number one favorite fruit when I was in India. I would never let a summer go through without polishing off atleast a few dozen of those delicious mangoes.
Without any doubts, among the different flavored lassi, Mango Lassi which is a simple blend of mangoes and yogurt is my absolute favorite. It is my goto drink whenever I visit an Indian restaurant. It tastes very refreshing and compliments very well the spiciness from the Indian main coarse dishes. I always love to have an lassi along with my meal or atleast to end it 🙂
Mango Lassi is a famous & delicious North Indian cold drink made by blending mango pulp, yogurt and flavored with cardamom. Perfect as a cool summer drink.
- Ripe Mango - 1 large (1 Cup of mango pulp)
- Curd | Yogurt - 1 Cup
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp (adjust per taste)
- Cardamom powder a large pinch
First wash and peel the skin of the mango. Dice up the mango pulp and freeze it for about a hour.
Then add the frozen mangoes, curd, sugar and cardamom powder to a blender/mixie and blend until smooth.
Garnish with cardamom powder, mint leaves and Serve chilled.
- If you feel the lassi to be too thick, you can add little water or milk while blending.
- Using full fat yogurt is recommended to achieve the best taste.
- Mango should be fully ripe to give the best taste.
- You can also increase the quantity of mango and skip the sugar to make it healthier.
Sending this recipe to the First Blog Anniversary Celebration of Delectable Flavours.