This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #BlueBunny #CollectiveBias
My 321st recipe, "Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich", a delicious treat for the warm Spring time and the hot summer days ahead. A Peanutty and crumbly eggless home made cookie filled with a scoop of delicious Blue Bunny® PB 'N Cone™ ice cream.
Spring time is one of my favorite times of the year. Just as the mild winter temperatures are gone and the sun starts shining bright and warm, it is always time for me to head outdoors and have some fun. Also, ice creams which are a big no no during the winter, becomes a staple at my house. The freezer is filled with tubs of my favorite ice creams ready to be eaten in a moments notice.
While the temperatures have not be warm enough so far this year, the past days or week I would say have been perfect to enjoy a cold treat. Hence without waiting any further time, I headed over to my nearby Walmart supermarket to grab myself a few tubs of ice cream. Blue Bunny® is always my favorite. When I saw that Blue Bunny® has recently come out with a new 2017 lineup of ice cream flavors and treats, I was super excited.
One flavor that really stood apart was the PB 'N Cone™, which had swirls of creamy peanut butter and crunchy chocolate dipped cone pieces mixed throughout the delicious vanilla ice cream. Also, other flavors like Rockin' Rocky Road, Monster Cookie Mash, Toffee Brownie Twist and Mint Cookie Crunch sounded and looked mouth watering. Classic flavors with a fun, unique twist and the perfect treat for the entire family!
After grabbing a few tubs of the Blue Bunny® I headed back home. As usual, I could not then restrict myself to a few scoops of the ice cream serve in a bowl. I wanted to enjoy the ice cream in a more exotic form. Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are one of my very favorite desserts, since I get to enjoy both a cookie and a ice cream at the same time. Since the PB 'N Cone™ already had swirls of peanut butter inside the ice cream, I thought sandwiching it between a peanut butter cookie would be the perfect compliment.
This peanut butter cookie is a slight adaptation of my Eggless Banana Choco Chip Cookies. I chose to make a few swaps here and there and it turned out perfectly delicious. A little salty, peanutty to taste with a real winner of a texture. Crisp, Soft and crumbly all the same time. When had along with the scoop of vanilla flavored ice cream there was nothing else more comforting I could imagine having during the warm Spring day 🙂
Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Blue Bunny® PB 'N Cone™ Ice Cream - as needed
- 1 ¼ Cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Butter (Softened, at room temperature)
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- First add the flour, baking soda and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Then add the butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Use a electric mixer to mix until soft and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter sugar mixture little by little and mix until combined. Refrigerate the dough for atleast 15 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Take about 1 Tbsp of the dough, roll into a gentle ball and place it on top of a greased baking pan. Repeat for the whole dough.
- Use a fork to gently press on top of the cookie dough in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated over for about 10 mins. Pull out the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Invert one of the cookies. Then, scoop out a ball of ice cream and place it on top of the cookie. Place another cookie on top of the ice cream. Gently press until the ice cream is flattened inside.
- Freeze for about 5-10 mins and serve cold.
I come across this blog when i searching the recipes.This has the great collection of tasty recipe collection.Please share more.
Sure thanks Patel 🙂
Mary Larsen says
Ice cream and cookies -- plus peanut butter ? I'm in heaven!! #client
Thanks Mary 🙂