Today's post, "How to build the Ultimate Super Bowl Snack Stadium", a DIY snack stadium for the big Super Bowl game, with products purchased from Walmart. Don't be confused. You are still on Revi's Foodography only. With the big game just around the corner, instead of just posting simple recipes, thought of sharing something today which is much more fun and an interesting way to present your snacks.
While I have made all kinds of snacks and foods so far at home, building a whole snack stadium is certainly something new to me. I was however, up to the challenge, since I knew that it would be interesting to do, as well as a step by step tutorial will help most of you folks out there. You can now surprise your family and friends by throwing a game day party with this snack stadium as the centerpiece.
Building Process for the stadium
- First and foremost, we will have to select a container which we will use as the field. I chose a 13' X 9' baking sheet which appeared perfect to me.
- Once you have the field taken care of, we will have to find a box which is just right for your stadium. The size of the box should obviously be larger than your field. And the size would also depend on how big a party you are having. Since I did not find the right size box readily available, I chose a 18' X 18' X 24' moving box from Walmart.
- I then removed one side of the moving box. Cut and taped the remaining sides to form a 24' X 18' X 8' box.
- Then cut 4 strips of a thin cardboard. Two of them will measure 13.5' and the other two measuring 9.5'. Tape these 4 strips together to form kind of a wall around the baking sheet (field).
- Now, we will move on to making the stairs for the stadium. Cut 7 strips of cardboard measuring 24'. Tape them all together. Then fold them in the shape of stairs and stick L-shaped cardboard pieces to make the stairs hold their shape. Repeat the same for making stairs for the remaining 3 sides of the stadium.
- Tape all the 4 stairs to the wall we built in the earlier step. It should now look as seen below.
- Now, go ahead and cut 4 cardboard pieces as shown in the pic. These are needed to hold the stairs in their place. Using a quick fix glue, I pasted these 4 cardboard along 4 edges of the stadium box.
- You can now place the stairs into the box and use glue and tape to fix it in place. Whatever you have done is just one time effort and you can easily reuse each time you have a party.
- Optionally, you can stick colored paper to make your stadium more attractive. I chose to use white paper to make my stadium look bright.
You can now put aside the stadium built until the game day. On the day of the party, you can make a quick visit to the nearby Walmart store to buy all the snacks you need.
What I used for the stadium decorations
- Guacamole and Salsa for the field.
- Sour cream for the lines.
- Soup sticks for the goal.
- Grape tomato and olive as players.
- Almond as ball.
- All snacks were the fans.
- SNICKERS® + Skittles® for lights.
Lets have a close look at what I have come up with.