My 187th recipe, "Walnut Avocado Milkshake", a healthy summer drink. Avocado milkshakes are very common in the juice shops in India. However, they are called as Butter Fruit milkshakes. I especially love it for its flavor. And more importantly, it is a cool way of making a milkshake without a cream base like ice-cream. So it is healthier than any of your other milkshakes. While I wanted to make a avocado milkshake for myself today, I did not want to stick to a simpler version. I want to make a version which was even better in flavor and health benefits. I did not have to think hard. Walnuts are not of my favorite nuts and an intuition told me that it would pair well with the flavor of avocados. Once I made the walnut avocado milkshake, I was not left disappointed. With a slight flavor of both the walnuts and avocados, the shake was very delicious. Also, the avocado contributed to the creaminess of the shake. A easy to make, light and frothy drink ready in minutes 🙂
Walnut Avocado Milkshake
- Walnuts - ⅓ Cup
- Dairy/Non Dairy Cold Milk - 1 + 1 Cups
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp adjust based on taste
- Avocado - 1 medium
- First soak the walnuts in water for atleast 15 mins to slightly soften them.
- Add the walnuts to a mixie / blender along with 1 Cup of the milk, sugar and blend until the walnuts are completely mixed with the milk.
- Remove the pulp of the avocado and add it to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Based on the desired consistency, add the additional 1 Cup of milk to the blender and again blend until nice and frothy.
- Serve cold.
Notes | FAQ
- Fresh walnuts should be used and not roasted ones.
- Increase the quantity of walnuts if you prefer a stronger walnuts flavor.
- It is best to serve it immediately after blending rather than to leave it chill in the refrigerator. So it is preferred to add cold milk for the recipe.