This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSecret #CollectiveBias
My 323rd recipe, "Teriyaki Marinated Tofu Lettuce Wrap", a super flavorful Asian inspired appetizer or a light lunch / dinner. Soft tofu, marinated in a super flavorful NEW P.F. Chang's® Home Menu sauce, cooked until crisp and served in fresh lettuce leaves.
There are a few ingredients which start as something I cannot tolerate and eventually turn into one I use frequently. Tofu is one such ingredient I had been ignoring for a long time. It is probably because of the first sour experience. I had my first bite of tofu in a local restaurant a few years ago. It was as part of a veggie fried rice I had ordered. It tasted very bland, stinky and I had a very tough time swallowing it. After that bad experience, I stopped trying out tofu at other opportunities.
Only recently, at a Thai restaurant, with only limited options available, I was kind of forced into ordering tofu again. However this time around the tofu was crispy fried and served along with a flavorful Asian sauce on the side. My whole opinion about tofu changed within a moment. I understood that tofu can be delicious when prepared the right way. Also, due to the loads of protein offered by the tofu, it has since then become a more frequent part of my diet.
Whenever I cook tofu at home, I usually try to use it in place of panner in classic Indian dishes. However for today I wanted to try making a proper Asian recipe using the tofu. Since I was lazy to make my own combination of sauces, I wanted to go with a ready made store bought one. NEW P.F. Chang's® Home Menu sauces are the simple secret to bringing in extraordinary flavor while making Asian cuisine at home. Also, makes cooking so much more easier. This is exactly what I needed today.
While P.F. Chang's® has newly introduced 3 different sauces, my choice for this recipe was their Teriyaki Sauce. The perfect blend of soy sauce, pineapple concentrate, ginger and other flavorful ingredients. Exclusively available at Walmart, I purchased my bottle of P.F. Chang's® Teriyaki Sauce right from the sauces aisle. It can be found along with a bunch of other Asian sauces like Sriracha, etc.
With the sauce adding a lot of flavor to the dish, the whole recipe comes together without much effort either. It is as simple as marinating the tofu and sautéing until crisp. And then the only effort needed is to serve it on a lettuce leaf along with fresh garnishes complementing the flavors of the teriyaki tofu.
Teriyaki Marinated Tofu Lettuce Wrap
Teriyaki Marinated Tofu Lettuce Wrap
- 1 packet Extra Firm Tofu (14 Oz)
- ½ Cup P.F. Chang’s® Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Lettuce leaves - as needed
Optional for topping:
- Cilantro leaves - as needed
- Mint leaves - as needed
- Lemon wedges - as needed
- Toasted Sesame seeds - as needed
- First remove the tofu from packaging and place it on top of a paper napkin. Place another paper napkin on top and put weight on top. Leave it for atleast 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, cube the tofu. Add it to a ziplock bag along with the teriyaki sauce. Toss gently until the sauce completely coats the tofu cubes. Remove any extra air from the zip lock and then refrigerate for atleast 1 hr (preferably overnight).
- Heat oil in a large pan. Transfer the marinated tofu cubes onto the pan and fry until the sides turn golden brown and crisp.<br><br><img src="https://revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tmt-11.jpg" alt="tofu" width="48%" /> <img src="https://revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tmt-12.jpg" alt="tofu" width="48%" /><br><br><img src="https://revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tmt-13.jpg" alt="tofu" width="48%" /> <img src="https://revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tmt-14.jpg" alt="tofu" width="48%" />
- Serve the tofu on a lettuce leave. Add cilantro, mint leaves and lemon for freshly and a few toasted sesame seeds for additional flavor. Enjoy.<br><br><img class="aligncenter" src="https://revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teriyaki-marinated-tofu-vert2.jpg" alt="teriyaki marinated tofu" height="100%">
Notes | FAQ
Don't miss on an opportunity to win yourself a trip to Scottsdale, Arizona: home of the first P.F.Chang’s® Bistro. Click here to enter the sweepstakes.
Great collection of recipes