My First Recipe; a Sweet one, "Kaju Katli". My family’s favorite and sure it is for anyone who has tried it so far and for those who are going to try after seeing this post. 😉 Anyways who will not like this sweet. Cashews, Sugar and Ghee makes it super rich and delicious and perfect to celebrate special occasion like diwali, holi, etc. But I never need a special occasion to enjoy these delicious Kaju Katlis. I always make sure that I buy these whenever I go to Suriya Sweets with my mom for shopping. Since I am able to make it even tastier at home, I has only become easier for me to enjoy this sweet anytime I want 😉
Wish you all a very “Happy Karthigai Deepam”. Let your life shine as bright as the “Deepam”, with happiness and joy. Blogging is not my cup of tea, but still I would love to take a sip. So after lots and lots of thinking, finally decided to take the plunge. Very excited to start my blog and meet you all on an auspicious day like today. By God’s grace took the first step and posted my first recipe. Now need each one of your support and feedback to keep me going a long way.
- 2 Cups Raw Cashew Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Ghee (Optional)
- 2 pinches Saffron strands
- Silver Leaf - Optional For decoration
- Dry grind the cashews to fine powder and measure 2 cups of the cashew powder.
<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-1.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-2.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/>
- Heat a pan; add the sugar, saffron strands and water. Keep it in medium heat. Stir occasionally and let the sugar syrup heat up until one string consistency.
<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-3.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-4.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/>
- Now, quickly add the cashew powder to the sugar syrup and keep stirring in low-medium flame.
- The mixture would thicken and start leaving the sides of the pan. At this stage, take a pinch of the mixture and try to make a ball. If the mixture doesn’t stick to your fingers, then it is the perfect consistency. If not, stir for few more minutes till you get to that consistency and turn off the flame.
<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-5.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%" /> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-6.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/>
- Transfer the mixture to a clean smooth surface or bowl. Let it rest of couple of minutes and then knead the mixture softly with the ghee until the mixture becomes smooth. The mixture will still be very hot. So be careful if you are using your hands. Now, place the mixture on to a butter paper and roll it with a rolling pin to 0.5 cm thickness.
<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-7.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-8.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/>
- While it is still warm, top of with the silver leaf for decoration. However this is purely optional. Cut it into your desired shapes.
<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-9.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%"/> <img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kk-10.jpg" alt="katli" width="47%" />
- Enjoy once they come to room temperature.<br><br><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kaju-katli-1.jpg" alt="katli" width="100%"/><img src="//revi.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kaju-katli-2.jpg" alt="katli" width="100%"/>
I will try this very delicious every one favourite thanks
Sure, thanks Geeta 🙂
Will try soon 🙂
Sure Meenatchee. Hope you like it.
Shabana Begum says
Today I tried at home. Its too delicious. Thnk u for posting.
Thank u ...if you have a snap of your dish, send to my mail id [email protected], I will post in my friends corner.