My second recipe, “Eggless Orange Choco chip Muffins”. Was thinking for a while about the recipe for my second post and when I found a dozen of oranges in my fridge, then it struck me “Why don’t I try some cuisine using oranges”. Finally settled my mind to prepare these delicious Orange muffins and the muffins came out very well in my first try. Yeah this is my first attempt at making an Orange Muffin. I generally make Banana Nut muffins with leftover bananas since it is my favorite. But after making this delicious Orange choco chip muffins, I guess I have a new favorite now 😉
Eggless Orange Choco Chip Muffins
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Yogurt - 1 Tbsp *Vegans can replace with non Dairy milk
- Orange Juice - ¾ Cup
- Oil - 1/8 Cup
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Choco chips - 1/4 Cup
- Orange Zest - 2 tsp
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together into a clean dry bowl.
- Add sugar to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Now add all the wet ingredients (Orange juice, Yogurt, Oil, Vanilla essence) one by one to the dry mixture and finally the orange zest.
- Mix all the ingredients to get a batter consistency, making sure that there are no lumps. Most importantly do not beat or over mix the batter, instead fold them just until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add 3/4 of the choco chips to the batter; give it a fold and set aside. The remaining ¼ of the chips will be used for the topping.
- Line the muffin tray with the muffin liner or grease the muffin cups with oil and fill each cup ¾ with the prepared batter.
- Now sprinkle the remaining choco chips over the top of each cup.
- Preheat the oven for 350 F and bake the muffins for around 20-25 minutes until the muffin turns to slight golden brown on top.
- To make sure whether the muffins are cooked through, insert a toothpick or knife at the center of the muffin. They should come out clean. If not, bake for another 5 minutes or so and check.
Notes | FAQ
- Right proportion of ingredients matters in baking.
- I used fresh orange juice. In case of using the store bought orange juice, reduce the quantity of sugar accordingly.
- Orange flavor gets enhanced by using Orange zest.
- Topping with choco chip is purely optional, I luv to have more and so added.
- Store it in an air tight container and you should be able to enjoy for 2-3 days.