My 124th recipe, "Green Smoothie", by far the most healthy and simple recipe I have posted. I am by no means a smoothie girl. I love my milkshakes with a big dollop of icecream and lassi, especially the one made with the goodness of sweet mangoes. But that doesn't mean that I do not eat fruits. I get to eat my fruits but mostly am lazy to make it into a smoothie or juice. Until moving to US, if you would ask me what my favorite fruit was, I would say it is mango with my eyes shut. But after moving to US, I had the chance to try some juicy strawberries and kiwis. After tasting them, now I would have a tough time choosing between one of them. Whenever I have a batch of ripe kiwis, I would normally slice them into half and happily scoop the fruit out with a spoon and enjoy. However this time around, I wanted to make something more healthier using the kiwis. Especially with the summer approaching, something which helps to cool down our bodies would be an added bonus. So I tried making a smoothie out of the kiwis and making to more healthier by adding other greens. This green smoothie was perfectly creamy, sweet, tangy, extremely delicious and way more healthier. A true winner on all fronts 😉
- Kiwi - 3
- Green Grapes - 10
- Baby Spinach - 10 leaves
- Mint - 5 leaves
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 Cup *Vegans refer to notes section
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Water - As needed
- First peel, cut the kiwi and freeze it along with the green grapes. I left them in the freezer overnight.
- Add the frozen kiwi, green grapes, spinach, mint, yogurt, honey to a blender/mixie and blend it smooth. Add water while blending, if you feel the smoothie is thick. I needed about 2 Tbsp of water since my yogurt was very thick.
- Enjoy cold.
Notes | FAQ
- This smoothie is perfectly customizable. You can increase/reduce the quantity of green grapes, spinach, mint or yogurt as needed.
- To make it Vegan you can use non-Dairy milk instead of yogurt and skip the honey or add sugar.
- Choose the best and ripe fruits to get the best flavor out of the smoothie.
- If you are short of time, use fresh fruit instead of frozen one. Reduce the quantity of yogurt and add ice cubes instead.
Leave a Reply