My 24th recipe, “Green Pea Soup”, a healthy soup to recharge you up and get you going for the last week of the year. On a cold winter morning, there is nothing more comforting than a cozy couch and a bowl of warm green pea soup. It would pack you with all the essential proteins and vitamins needed, and keep you and your family strong and healthy for long. A bowl of soup a day, keeps the doctor away 🙂 Will help your tummy recover from all the sugar attack from Christmas and get ready for the New year bash 😀
Green Pea Soup
- Onion - ½ Finely Chopped
- Garlic - 3 Cloves Finely Chopped
- Butter * can be replaced with olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Green Peas - 1 Cup
- Water - 3 Cups
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ Cup
- Pine Nuts - 1 tsp Optional
- Salt and Pepper - To taste
- Bay leaf Biryani leaf - 1
- Melt the butter in a pan. Then, add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté till the onions become translucent.
- Add the green peas, salt and give a quick stir. Add the water, bay leaf and leave it to cook in low-medium heat for about 30 mins or until the green peas are cooked fully.
- Turn off the stove and let the pea mixture cool for 10 mins. Now remove the bay leaf and then add the pea mixture to a blender/mixie, along with the coriander leaves, required amount of crushed pepper and pulse until it becomes a coarse mixture.
- Serve the soup warm topping it off with toasted pine nuts.
Notes | FAQ
- I used frozen green peas. If using dry peas, you might have to soak it overnight.
- Do not try to blend/grind the mixture when hot. It would splash all around your room.
- Do not blend/grind the soup to a fine paste. Taste will not be good. Use only the pulse option to get a chunky soup.
- Topping with pine nuts is optional. You can use any other nuts you can get your hands on.
- Adjust water quantity based on how thick or thin you like your soup to be.