My 46th recipe, "Gobi Manchurian Dry", a yummy vegetarian delight from the Indo Chinese cuisine. Cauliflower is probably the one veggie I cannot get bored of, irrespective of how many ever times I eat. Whether it is crispy fried as Gobi 65 or made into a modest Indian curry, it always tastes wonderful. So, no marks for guessing that it tastes amazing in a Manchurian gravy 🙂
For folks who are not aware, Gobi Manchurian Dry is crispy fried cauliflower tossed in a delicious Manchurian gravy with lots of garlic and Asian sauces. I cant say which aspect of this dish I love. The garlicky flavor, crispiness from the fried cauliflower, sweetness from the ketchup, tanginess from the lemon, heat from the red chilli flakes and saltiness from the soy sauce; makes this Gobi Manchurian Dry a complete dish, and brings in an explosion of flavors in your mouth.
Gobi Manchurian Dry
- 1 medium Cauliflower (cut into large florets)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (finely Chopped)
- 3 Spring onion (finely chopped - white and green parts separated)
- ½ Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Asian Hot Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Canola Oil - For frying
- ¾ Cup All purpose flour
- ¼ Cup Corn flour
- 1 Tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Freshly ground pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients under "For batter". Add about ¾ Cup of water to make a batter. Adjust the water quantity accordingly. Batter should not be too thick are thin. Refer the pic for consistency.
- Now heat the oil for frying. Once the oil is hot enough, dip the cauliflower florets into batter, make sure the batter coats the cauliflower and drop it into the hot oil. Fry in medium-high flame until the color changes to light golden brown. Remove from oil and place them in a paper napkin to remove excess oil.
- Take a small mixing bowl, add the 2 Tbsp corn flour and 3 Tbsp water and make a corn flour paste. Keep it aside. Heat a separate pan with 1 ½ Tbsp of oil; add the onion, garlic, white part of spring onion and saute them in high flame, until the onion turns translucent.
- Now turn the flame to medium, add the soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and give a nice stir. Add the prepared corn flour paste and let it cook. The sauce will start to thicken.
- Add the salt and red chilli flakes and stir well. Now add about ½ cup of water and stir it to get a thick sauce consistency.
- Now, add the juice of half a lemon and mix well. Finally, add the fried cauliflower to the sauce and saute in high flame for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with the green part of the spring onion. Serve hot as a delicious appetizer.
Ace recipe, Thank you for sharing
Thanks Dylan 🙂
DHARAMBIR CHAUDHARY says
delicious recipe! thanks for sharing
Thanks Dharambir 🙂
Hello! Thank you for sharing turned out yummylicious ! Served for a few guests and everyone was asking for recipe!
Will definitely try more of your recipes. .!
Thanks B. Happy to hear that you and your guests loved it 🙂