My 16th recipe, “Green Peas Pulav (With Coconut Milk)”, an extremely quick, healthy and tasty dish… Have you been spending long hours in your kitchen trying to prepare a healthy dish for your Kid’s lunch box… Probably, you have not tried this dish I guess 😉 It is very easy to prepare, will taste absolutely wonderful until the lunch break and your kids would always bring back a clean lunch box home…
Yeah, looks like my MIL knew this secret… RK says that, this peas pulao was probably the second most often found dish in his lunch box doing his school days, and he enjoyed it sooo much that he never complained… Still wondering what was the first most often made dish ??? You will have to wait to find out…
Green Peas Pulav (With Coconut Milk)
Green Peas Pulav is a quick, healthy and tasty dish, perfect for your kid's lunch box. Green peas, rice, coconut milk pressure cooked with spices.
- Rice - 1 Cup
- Coconut Milk - 1 Cup (Thin)
- Salt - to taste
- Onion - 1 small (Finely sliced)
- Garlic - 4 cloves (Crushed whole)
- Green peas - 1/4 Cup
- Cashew - 5
- Curry leaves - 4
- Green chilli - 1 (slit)
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 3
- Cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small
- Fennel Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Leave the rice to soak in water. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the items mentioned under "To temper" in the order given.
- Once the fennel seeds turn golden brown, add the curry leaves, green chilli, cashew, onion, garlic, required salt and fry till translucent. Should be done in 1 min.
- Now add the green peas, give a quick mix. Then add the rice and saute for 30 secs.
- Add the coconut milk. Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Enjoy with chips or thogayal.
- Adjust the cooking time as per your stove settings. 1 whistle is sufficient to cook rice perfectly in my electric stove. Soaking the rice helps in fast cooking.
- It is preferable to use freshly extracted coconut milk. A thin extract.