Happy Holidays !!! My 18th recipe, "Candied Walnuts", an extremely quick, easy and a healthy snack, perfect for the holidays. Walnut is nature's cute little health supplement. It would pack you up with the much needed Omega -3 Fatty acid. Research suggests that Omega 3 fatty acid has several health benefits. They are also so crunchy and delicious, that you would keep munching on these all day without any guilt. In case you have any leftovers (which you will not have for sure), you can use them to top off your salads, for a nice crunch.
- Walnuts Broken/Halves - 1 Cup
- Sugar - ½ Cup
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Vanilla essence - ¼ tsp
- Add all the ingredients mentioned to a pan and heat in medium flame.
- The sugar would start melting slowly and coat the walnuts. Once all the sugar is melted and covered the walnuts, switch off the flame. Take care not to burn to sugar or walnuts.
- Transfer the walnuts onto a sheet pan and spread them out using a fork.
- Let them cool nicely and enjoy.
Notes | FAQ
You can use the same recipe on any other nut as well, like pecans, cashews, etc.
Charlotte @My Green Nook says
I love walnuts and these seems like the perfect treat. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I am stopping by from the Ultimate Pinterest Party. Pinned this to my Food and beverage board.
Abi Gomathinayagam says
Good combination for oats
Yeah, a nice suggestion.