My 21st recipe, "Brownie in a Cup”, a moist and a no mess chocolate delight ready in a few minutes. Ever since I started this blog, I was thinking to treat my readers by baking a cake. With Christmas round the corner, I thought there could be no better occasion to bake and post the recipe.
When I was thinking to create something unique, I suddenly got this idea of baking a brownie in a cup which I had bought recently 🙂 When I started browsing through the net for recipes, got to stumble upon this exquisite recipe from Julie on her blog . I instantly fell in love seeing how cute the brownie was and how quick and non messy the cooking process was.
Thanks to her, the brownie came out perfectly and there could be no better treat for Christmas. This recipe doesn't need a fancy conventional oven, and is made in a normal microwave oven. Perfectly moist and gooey at the center.
Brownie in a Cup
Brownie in a Cup
- All purpose flour - ¼ Cup
- Cocoa powder - 2 Tbsp
- Instant coffee powder - ¼ tsp
- Baking powder - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - a tiny pinch
- Milk - ⅓ Cup *Vegans can replace non dairy milk
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Hazlenut Choco Spread - 1 Tbsp Optional
- First mix all the dry ingredients (Flour, cocoa, coffee, baking powder, sugar, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix nicely until there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture in a microwave oven safe cup. Fill only ¾ of the cup, the cake needs some space to rise. Drop the hazelnut spread to the center of the mixture. Do not push it down or mix it.
- Microwave it for 1 min - 2 mins. - Refer to notes section. Enjoy hot or cool it down and enjoy with a scoop of vanilla icecream.
Notes | FAQ
Submitted this recipe to the event Kid's delight, hosted by My Cooking Journey .
Hi Revathi am entering your space for the first time and have to mention that you have wonderful recipes here. Bookmarked... Please do visiy my space @ http://passionatedcook.blogspot.com
Thanks Anitha. Sure, my pleasure 🙂
Vidhu Sara says