My 62nd recipe, “Eggless French Toast”. A dish I absolutely loved when I was a kid. My mom used to prepare french toast with eggs, as an after school snack. I used to devour a few slices of the delicious french toast in no time. Ever since I turned into a vegetarian, I could just tune into my flash back and just crave for a french toast. I missed it sooo much 🙁
But luckily after marriage, I discovered this lip-smacking eggless french toast, after RK insisted to try a vegetarian version. Yup, it is one of RK’s favorite as well. Week after week, my MIL used to prepare french toast for Sunday breakfast. Who would not want to wake up to the wonderful smell of a french toast on a Sunday. A perfect weekend breakfast indeed.
This eggless version tastes even better than the original and both RK and myself enjoy it very much 🙂
Eggless French Toast
Eggless French Toast is a wonderful eggless version of the lip smacking and famous breakfast french toast. Make is vegan by simply using a non dairy milk.
- Bread - 4 slice
- Vanilla custard powder - 2 Tbsp
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Dairy / Non-Dairy Milk - 1/2 Cup (Luke warm)
- Butter / Oil - 1/2 Tbsp
- Powdered sugar - Optional
- Honey/Maple Syrup/Sugar syrup - Optional
Take a wide mixing bowl, add the custard powder, sugar, milk and mix them thoroughly. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Now heat a tawa, set the flame to medium and add some butter for toasting. Take a bread slice, give a quick dip into the prepared custard mixture such that both the sides are coated.
- Now take bread and toast in tawa until the sides turn golden brown, by flipping at regular intervals.
Enjoy hot. Optionally, top off with a cube of butter, powdered sugar and syrup.
- In case you don't find custard powder, you can substitute with corn flour and vanilla essence.
- Don't let your bread get soaked in the custard mixture for long time. The bread will be soggy after toasting.
Submitted this recipe to Remmy’s Kitchen First blog anniversary celebration and giveaway.
Submitted this recipe to the event Come, join us for Breakfast, hosted by Cooking4AllSeasons.