My 72nd recipe, “Chocolate Covered Strawberries”, a Valentine’s day special. Valentine’s day used to be just any other Calendar day until 2 years ago. Ever since I married RK, love has taken a whole new meaning and this day has become the most memorable day of the year. On this day, I generally make it a tradition to present hand made gifts to RK, my love. And follow it by, a fun day together with cakes, bakes, chocolate and treat. For this year I wanted to make something really special. Can there be anything that is more special than strawberries. It is probably one of my most favorite fruits. And, I am crazy about chocolates too. Is there anyone out there who is not ? So to combine them both into these wonderful chocolate covered strawberries, it is a marriage made in heaven. I first had these cute chocolate covered strawberries when we celebrated our anniversary last year at the Rive of Love Cabins. It became an instant favorite for both RK and myself. So when I made this today, RK was pleasantly surprised. It was so delicious (and to be honest better than what we had last year 😉 ) and perfect for the celebrations 🙂
- Strawberries - 12
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips / bar - 3/4 Cup
- White Chocolate Chips - 1/4 Cup
- Coconut Oil - 4 drops
- Bring the strawberries to room temperature and pat them dry. We will use double boiler technique to melt the chocolate. Heat water in a larger pan. Wait until the water is hot, just when it starts forming bubbles.
- To a heat resistant bowl ( a thick ceramic bowl), add the semi sweet chocolate chips or broken down bar and 2 drops of coconut oil. Place this bowl on top of the bowl with water. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl with chocolate doesn't directly touch the stove or flame.
- Keep stirring the chocolate until it melts completely and into a smooth paste. Turn off the flame and remove from the double boiler.
- Now pick up the strawberries one by one by their stem, dip into the melted chocolate and rotate until they are nicely coated in the chocolate. Dip only 3/4 of the strawberry into the chocolate. Place the strawberries on a baking sheet.
- Let the strawberries cool in room temperature for 5 mins. Then place it in the refrigerator and cool for another 15 mins, until it is set.
- Now follow the same double boiler technique to melt the while chocolate. Take the chocolate covered strawberries from the fridge.
- Using a fork and drizzle the white chocolate on top of the strawberries.
- Let it cool in the fridge for another 10-15 mins until the chocolate cools completely and sets hard. Enjoy with your Valentine.Notes
Revi's Foodography https://revisfoodography.com/Submitted this recipe to Remmy’s Kitchen First blog anniversary celebration and giveaway.
- - Vegans can make sure to use Vegan Chocolate Chips.
- - If the strawberries are cold or wet, the chocolate coating will not stick.
- - Coconut Oil is added to the chocolate to give a glossy finish. Add coconut oil if you like its flavor. Else use a flavorless oil like Vegetable Oil.
- - Adding oil also prevents the chocolate shell from cracking when we bite into the strawberries.
- - Cooling the strawberries at room temperature for 5 mins before moving inside the fridge, will ensure that the chocolate layer doesn't crack.
- - Pay extreme attention while melting the chocolates. There are chances that the chocolate would seize.
Submitted this recipe to Simply Sensational Food’s event Lets cook Valentine Special Dishes.