My 71st recipe, "Mini Heart Poori", a Valentine's Day inspired Indian Bread recipe. Another Indian recipe modified to suit the colors of valentine's day. What better dish I could make for breakfast/dinner on the special day.
Poori is always one of my special dishes. My mom used to prepare this for weekend dinners along with potato masala and I always have pleasant memories of sitting down with my family and enjoying pooris during weekends. There could be nothing else that is more special than sitting down with your family and sharing lovely food and memories together.
This poori I made for my Valentine is extra special, naturally colored pink with beets, shaped like a heart and lots and lots of love of course. When puffed they look really cute and adorable <3
Mini Heart Beetroot Poori
Mini Heart Poori
- 1 medium Beet Root (Chopped)
- Water - as required
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp Rava / Sooji / Semolina
- Oil - For frying
- In a large pan cook the beetroot along with about 1 cup of water until the beetroot is 50% cooked. Let the beetroots cool down completely. Add it to the mixie and grind it to a smooth paste. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rava, salt and mix well. Add sufficient whole wheat flour and make a tight dough as shown in picture. I required about 4 Cups of flour. You can adjust as needed.
- Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a thick sheet. Optionally, use your cutter to cut out heart shapes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, fry your poori's one by one and drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot with a side of your choice. Goes well with Kurma.
Notes | FAQ
Submitted this recipe to the event Come, join us for Breakfast, hosted by Cooking4AllSeasons.