My 199th recipe, “Eggless White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies”, an easy and delicious homemade cookie. I am a huge fan of Subway restaurant. Though they have a wonderful collection of sandwiches, they definitely are not on my favorites list. Weirdly, it is their cookies which I love. The soft, chewy cookies with a slightly crispy edge are something out of this world. RK loves sandwiches from Subway and so whenever he wants a sandwich I would be more than happy to accompany him, so that I can get my hands on a couple of those wonderful cookies. I usually get the regular choco chip cookie there. However since macadamia nuts are one of my favorite nuts and white chocolate is RK’s favorite, I decided to make a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie first. The cookie itself uses a flax seed egg and perfect for making it Vegan. The cookie is perfectly soft, chewy yet slightly crisp around the edges. The vanilla flavor nicely shines through the cookie with the macadamia nuts and the white chocolate acting as the crown jewel. The White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies has everything I would love to have in a cookie 😉
White Chocolate Macademia Nut Cookies
- Flax Seed meal - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 1/2 Cup Softened, at room temperature
- White Sugar - 1/3 Cup
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 1/4 tsp
- White Chocolate Chips - 1/2 Cup
- Macadamia Nuts - 1/2 Cup chopped into smaller pieces
- First, add the flax seed meal into a small bowl along with the water. Mix well and let it sit for atleast 5 mins.
- Add the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the softened butter, white and brown sugar into a separate mixing bowl. Using a hand whisk, beat it until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, flax water mixture to the butter sugar mixture. Beat until combined well.
- Slowly add the dry mixture (flour, salt) to the wet mixture (butter, sugar, flax) and mix well until combined.
- Add the white choco chips and the macadamia nuts and mix gently until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking sheet and keep aside. Scoop about 2 Tbsp of the dough, form into a loose ball. Split it into 2 halves. Place once half on the baking sheet with the flat surface down. Place the other half on the first half such that the flat surface is upwards. Alternatively, you can just scoop up 1.5 Tbsp of the dough, form into a loose ball and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 mins or until the edges of the cookie are slightly golden brown. Pull out the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool down for atleast 10 mins. You can store it in an air tight container and it would be good for atleast a few days.
Notes | FAQ
- Adjust the size of the dough balls based on the size of cookie you desire.
- Baking time would depend on your oven settings and the size of cookie.
- Do not roll the dough balls tight.
- Leave atleast 2 inches space between the cookies while baking to make sure that they do not stick to each other after baking.
- Immediately after pulling the cookies from the oven, they will be very soft and feel like they are under cooked. It is mandatory to let them rest outside for atleast 10 mins.