My 130th recipe, "Tri Color Rotini Pasta in Lemon Garlic Sauce", a quick and light pasta. Honestly, I am not a big pasta girl. I am neither crazy about it or hate it. Even when I visit an Italian restaurant here I would be more happy to try the bread sticks, minestrone soup and dessert rather than having a pasta. But RK is a huge pasta fan. He loves all types of pastas, whether it is light and simple like this one or a spicy one. So I cook pasta frequently at home to appease him. I love simple foods. Which doesn't need a lot of preparation and has a complicated process. This one is just the one for me. It has few ingredients but with bold flavors. Rotini pasta is a type of helix or corkscrew shaped pasta. In my world it looks very fancy and I love it compared to other pastas. The tricolor rotini pasta which I buy is already fortified with carrot, spinach, potatoes and tastes kind of little spicy. Just a simple lemon garlic butter sauce goes a long way and gives an excellent flavor profile to this dish. Light, tangy and tastes very refreshing 🙂
Tri Color Rotini Pasta in Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Tri Color Rotini Pasta - About 3 Cups before cooking
- Water - As needed
- Salt - ½ tsp + 1 large pinch
- Butter - ¼ Cup *Vegans refer to notes section
- Garlic - 4 cloves very finely chopped
- Red chilli flakes - 1 Tbsp adjust per taste
- Lemon - 1 Medium About ¼ tsp Zest + 2 Tbsp juice
- Basil - 2 large leaves finely chopped
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - ¼ Cup Adjust as needed
- First bring a pot of water to rolling boil along with ½ tsp of salt. Add the pasta to the water and cook until al dente (for about 8 mins). Drain the water and keep the pasta aside.
- Heat a large pan, add the butter, garlic, red chilli flakes. Saute until the butter melts and the garlic flavor infuses into the melted butter. For about 2 mins.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 large pinch of salt and give a quick stir. Keep cooking for 2-3 mins until the mixture boils and thickens. By now the raw flavor of the lemon would have gone.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss well until the sauce gets coated well over the pasta. Turn off the flame.
- Finally add the chopped basil leaves, lemon zest, parmesan cheese and toss well until combined.
- Serve hot with a garnish of grated parmesan cheese and finely chopped basil leaves.
Notes | FAQ
- Adjust the quantity of lemon juice, red pepper flakes, cheese as per your taste.
- Vegans can use Olive Oil instead of butter and Vegan parmesan cheese.
- If you like, you can add roasted veggies like zucchini.
Leave a Reply