My 295th recipe, “Parmesan Cauliflower Bites”, a perfect side to pair with the Red Baron Pizza, for a quick and delicious Summer meal. If you are a cheese and cauliflower lover, just like me, then these Parmesan Cauliflower Bites are right up your alley. Tender Cauliflower in a perfectly crispy outer coating and With loads of cheese flavor.
Whenever it is a movie night in our house or whenever we are in a mood for celebration, it would be usually Pizza for dinner. Nothing very fancy is needed, just a well made cheese pizza is good enough for us. However, both myself and RK are very particular about how hot the pizza is and how perfect the crust is. We have had multiple bad experiences in the past when it comes to ordering pizza for home delivery. So most often, we tend to reply upon frozen pizzas available at the frozen aisle of your local supermarket. It is the most easiest way to get a hot pizza right from your kitchen to your dining table.
We have personally tried out frozen pizza from few different brands. Most of the time it ends in disappointment with a very soggy pizza or a not so good crust. The perfect pizza starts with a perfect crust – one which is neither too thick nor too thin, and one with a consistently satisfying crunch. I have been quite impressed with the ones from Red Baron. Their Classic Crust has the perfect ratio of crispiness, airiness and flakiness.
And when it comes out of the oven, the cheese is perfectly melted on top and the layer of tomato sauce is perfectly saucy. You would never believe that the pizza was in a frozen state just 18 mins back. There is surely a good reason why this pizza has been around for 40 yrs. Throw in a quick side, a drink and your family can now come together over the timeless pizza meal.
I always love to make quick and easy sides to pair with my pizza. Something which can be made in a short time, ideally in less than 20 mins, which the pizza is baking in the oven. Last time I had made a Spicy Baked Potato Wedge to accompany the Red Baron Pizza. However, it now feels like ages since I tasted my favorite cauliflower. So I decided to make a delicious side with cauliflower. One which would be ready in a short time and perfectly compliments the flavor of the pizza.
This Parmesan Cauliflower Bites takes less than 15 mins to make from start to finish. Perfectly crispy on the outside and an instant hit with your family members, especially the kids. And an added bonus is that the recipe doesn’t use any eggs in the coating. Since many of my readers have mentioned that some of their family members are allergic to eggs, I believe this Parmesan Cauliflower Bites recipes comes as a pleasant surprise to them.
This recipe uses a thick buttermilk for the coating instead of eggs. However, you do not compromise one bit on flavor. The cheesy flavor added by the parmesan is more than enough for making these cauliflower bites extra delicious 🙂
And as usual, I had purchased the Red Baron Pizza from my local Walmart. You should be able to easily locate them in the frozen foods aisle. And along with the pizza, it makes it so easy for me to purchase all ingredients need for these Parmesan Cauliflower Bites, in a single go.
Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
- Cauliflower - 1 medium cut into florets
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- All purpose flour - 1/2 Cup adjust as needed
- Thick Buttermilk - 1/2 Cup adjust as needed
- Panko Bread Crumbs - 1 Cup
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 Cup
- Italian seasoning - 1/4 tsp adjust per taste
- Ground Black pepper - 1/8 tsp adjust per taste
- Garlic salt - 1/4 tsp adjust per taste
- Oil - For frying
- First, cut and clean the cauliflower into florets. Then add the florets to a pan with sufficient water and 1/2 tsp of salt. Cook the cauliflower until they are half done. Turn off the flame. Drain the water and keep the cauliflower florets aside.
- Now, heat the oil for frying. While the oil is heating up, we will prepare the ingredients needed for coating. Take the all purpose flour in a separate bowl. Similarly, take the thick buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (panko, cheese, seasoning, pepper and garlic salt) to a bowl/plate. Mix well until combined. Keep aside.
- Once the oil is hot, take one of the cauliflower florets. Drop it into the bowl with all purpose flour and gently toss so that the flour is coated over the floret. Gently tap to remove any excess flour.
- Now, dip the floret into the buttermilk. Gently turn it around to ensure that the buttermilk completely coats the floret. You can use a fork to keep you hands clean. Gently tap to remove any excess buttermilk.
- Now, drop the floret into the cheese breadcrumb mixture. Toss the floret until the mixture evenly coats the florets. Gently pat with your fingers so that the mixture sticks to the florets. Gently tap to remove any excess cheese breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry the cauliflower floret until nicely golden in color. Drain excess oil on a paper towel. Repeat the above steps for the remaining cauliflower florets.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.
Notes | FAQ
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TimelessPizza #CollectiveBias