My 278th recipe, "No Bake Chewy Granola Bar", a delicious breakfast bar made with Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola. A recipe inspired by my belief that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that it should be always quick and easy to make one during your hectic mornings.
South Indian dishes like Idli and dosa are a usual fixture on my breakfast menu. I consider them to be part of a nutrient breakfast spread. However since mornings are usually the most hectic part of the day, there are times when I just need a quick option which I will be able to grab and go. Something which is very filling and something which supplies me with vital nutrients. Granolas and Granola bars are my go to option on all such occasions.
My first encounter with granola bars was while I was on a trip. Most of the time, when we are traveling, the hotel we stay at provides a continental spread for breakfast. However, since we were traveling to some remote parts of the country RK had instead stacked up on some granolas and granola bars for breakfast. Those were so delicious that I was instantly hooked up and started having them on a more regular basis.
The most important aspect about granolas is that they are so readily available in varies combinations and flavors and it is never hard to choose one I love. I had even made granola at home on a few occasions, but none more delicious than the Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola. I had seen a pack of Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola on the Cereals aisle, when I was doing my regular weekend shopping @ Walmart. The flavor combinations were so unique and sparked my interest that I immediately chose to buy one each in Cinnamon Apple Walnut and Blueberry Pecan flavors. It was so crisp, fresh and delicious that I immediately fell in love.
The blueberry pecan was my personal favorite and cinnamon apple walnut was RK's favorite. Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola is actually a special blend of seven super grains and seeds, fruits & nuts like Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Wheat, Flaxseed, Red Quinoa, Sunflower Seeds, Amaranth and Barley which provide you with much needed fiber, ALA omega-3, etc. Since mornings are busy, Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola offers a really easy option to start your day right without much of an effort.
Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola is really delicious on it own. However, I decided to make use of it to make something even more interesting. Yes, I decided to make a granola bar which I could quickly grab and finish for breakfast. Who has the time and patience to go hunting for each ingredient to make a granola bar. So, this is really a super cool shortcut that makes use of a packaged granola and turns into a bar, ever so conveniently. Since chewy type granola bars are my favorite, I choose to make this chewy and not crisp and crumbly. With the combination of both Cinnamon Apple Walnut and Blueberry Pecan flavors, this granola bar truly packs a punch on the flavor department. An easy and delicious granola bar perfect for those busy mornings 🙂
No Bake Chewy Granola Bar
No Bake Chewy granola Bar
- Butter - ¼ Cup
- Honey - ½ Cup
- Brown Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Cinnamon Apple Walnut Granola - 1 ½ Cups
- Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola - 1 ½ Cups
- Choco chips - as needed (for topping)
- Add the butter to a pan. Heat in medium flame until melted. Once melted, add the honey and brown sugar.
- Keep stirring until the sugar melts. Leave the mixture untouched.
- Once the mixture starts to bubble up, turn off the flame. Add the granola to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, honey and sugar mixture to the granola.
- Mix well until the granola and syrup is combined Line a 8X8 pan with parchment paper and grease it. Transfer the granola mixture to the pan and press it in until you get a smooth top surface.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hr. Once the granola has set, pull it out of the pan and cut it into pieces.
- Meanwhile, microwave the choco chips until melted. Use a fork and drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the granola bar. Refrigerate for a further 5 mins until the chocolate is set.
- Wrap individually and keep refrigerator until use. Enjoy.
Notes | FAQ
Do let me know what is ur favorite flavor of Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GranolaMyWay #CollectiveBias
Leave a Reply