My 283rd recipe, “M&M’s® Coffee Nut Mocha Cookies”, an easy and indulgent cookie. Rich with coffee and chocolate flavors. Perfectly soft and chewy. Makes a wonderful anytime snack or a quick breakfast. These mocha cookies have enough caffeine in them to charge you up for the mornings.
It just takes a moment to fall in love. That is what happened when I baked the Banana choco chip cookies sometime back. I loved it so much that, I am now addicted towards baking chewy homemade cookies. It is not that I did not taste chewy cookies earlier. I always loved the chewy kind of choco chip cookies. It is just that I was used to having it at stores until then. But after experiencing how delicious the homemade one was, I started looking for more and more variations of soft and chewy cookies to try out at home.
Chocolate and coffee are basically two flavors which I cannot absolutely live without. If any dish has one of those flavors, I am sure I would go crazy for it, irrespective of whether it is a hot dish or even an ice cream. Hence it is only very obvious that I would rate a mocha cookie made by combining chocolate and coffee flavors very high on my favorites list. After taking a break from blogging for a couple of weeks, it is now kind of slow moving to get back into the rhythm. A mid week Mocha cookie sounded like the perfect boost for myself. Hence without any second thoughts I decided to go ahead and make some today.
While these mocha cookies can be addictive on their own, a little bit of added flavor and texture wouldn’t do it any harm. M&M’s® would just be the perfect addition to any cookies. But these mocha cookies deserved a special one of those M&M’s®.
When I had visited my local Walmart a few days back, I stumbled across three new M&M’s® Peanut varieties: M&M’s® Chili Nut, M&M’s® Honey Nut, M&M’s® Coffee Nut. I quickly grabbed all 3 of them to give a try. If you had noticed, there were in-store demos run across Walmart supermarket nationwide where M&M’s® fans got a chance to try all three of those lovely flavors.
M&M’s® Coffee Nut Mocha Cookies
- All purpose flour – 1 Cup
- Corn Starch – 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – 1/3 Cup
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Flax Seed meal – 1 Tbsp
- Water – 3 + 1 Tbsp (slightly warm)
- Instant coffee powder – 1 Tbsp
- Butter – 1 stick | 1/2 Cup (softened, at room temperature)
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Brown Sugar – 1/3 Cup
- M&M’s® Coffee Nut – 3/4 Cups
- First, add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Add the flax seed meal to a small bowl. Add 3 Tbsp of water to the flax seed meal, mix well and keep aside.
- Also, add the instant coffee powder to the remaining 1 Tbsp water, mix well and keep aside.
- Now, add the softened butter to a large mixing bowl along with both the regular and brown sugar. Beat with an electric or hand whisk until soft and fluffy.
- Add the flax seed mixture and coffee mixture to the whisked butter sugar mixture. Beat again until everything is mixed well and fluffy.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little and whisk until combined into a dough.
- Add the M&M’s® Coffee Nut to the dough, gently fold it in. Refrigerate for about 30 mins to 1 hr.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a baking sheet or cover with parchment paper and keep aside. Scoop about a tablespoon of dough and place it onto the baking sheet. Bake for about 8 – 10 mins until the cookie is done. Pull out the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool for about 5 mins. Then transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy.