My 258th recipe, “Masala Oats”, a quick, easy and delicious breakfast made with Quaker® Oats. Are you one of the those folks who believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day ? If so, you can also count me in. I always try not to skip breakfast. That is the reason why I have posted so many breakfast recipes on this blog, next only to the count of desserts 🙂
And, how do you all like your breakfast ? I want my breakfast to be
– Hearty and filling.
– Not heavy on my tummy and weighing me down
– Quick and easy to make.
When I was thinking about what to prepare today, I didn’t have to think hard. I knew that Oats would be the best choice. I love having oats for breakfast. While I make some unique recipes with oats, I also try to substitute oats instead of rice in some of the classic recipes. It perfectly matches all the criteria I had mentioned for my perfect breakfast. I love sweet dishes for breakfast occasionally, however, most of the times I typically crave for savory foods.
Especially when I need some extra energy in the morning what better way than having some spicy food. So I decided to try making a spicy version of oats. This masala oats needs just a couple of veggies, a few basic spices and a box of Quaker® Oats. Within 10 mins you can treat yourself to a warm and comforting bowl of masala oats. This masala oats is just perfect for folks who love oats but like a different flavor profile than what they are used to eat regularly.
Quaker® is now running a National “Bring Your Best Bowl” promotion. Just make your favorite oatmeal recipe using 2 to 5 ingredients and submit your recipe for the sweepstakes. You will then be in the running to inspire the next Quaker® Oatmeal flavor. The contest started this month and will be open until March 12th. If you need some inspiration and ideas to get started, you can always lookout for the special end caps at your local Target store. They are full of lovely inspiration. My pack of Quaker® Oats too started at my local Target supermarket. If you plan to visit the North Irving store, the Quaker® Oats will be located on the Cereal / Hot Cereals aisle.
- 1/4 Cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Vegetables (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Sambar powder (adjust per taste)
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- First heat a non stick pan and add the onion and salt. Dry roast the onions until they turn translucent.
- Now, add the mixed veggies and saute for a minute. Add the sambar and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add about 1 Cup of water and cook closed in medium flame until the veggies are 3/4th done.
- Now, add the remaining 2 Cups of water and let the water come to a boil. Now add the oats and mix well. Continue to cook until the oats is done.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with a garnish of coriander leaves.
Notes | FAQ
Let me know your favorite way of enjoying Quaker® Oats. Don’t forget to submit it for the “Bring Your Best Bowl” promotion.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Target #CollectiveBias