My 112th recipe, "Eggless Lemon Cake with Lemon Glaze", a soft, spongy and a delicious cake without using any eggs. I love desserts. And among the thousands of desserts made world over, Cakes are always my most favorite. Whenever I get a chance to visit a bakery or cake shop, I usually order Black Forrest Cake or Chocolate Cake.
Those are my two most favorite flavors until recently. When I visited Starbucks last week, RK bought me a slice of Lemon Cake with a wonderful Lemon icing. Until that day I never knew such a flavor existed. The cake there was very soft, spongy, tangy and super delicious. I immediately fell in love with the lemony flavor and believed that I have a new favorite cake flavor.
Prior to starting this blog, if I like a dish which I ate outside, it just ended there. Ever since I started blogging, if I eat something interesting and delicious outside, I start thinking about how the dish was made and always want to give it a try at home. However, I was not able to find a recipe on the internet for this lemon cake which did not use any eggs. I had to mix and match ingredients from few of the recipes I found on the internet along with my own customizations. I was not very sure how this cake would turn out. However, When I baked this cake, the whole house was filled with the lovely lemony fragrance and the cake came out right. Extremely soft, light and tangy 😉
Eggless Lemon Cake with Lemon Glaze
- ½ Cup Butter (Softened, Room temperature)
- 1 ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 ¼ Cup Milk (Room temperature)
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- First preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease the baking pan with butter or line with butter paper and keep aside.
- Now take a mixing bowl and all the items listed under "Dry Ingredients" and mix well until combined. You can also sieve it to get them combined evenly. Keep it aside.
- Now, in another large mixing bowl, add the room temperature butter, sugar and beat it nicely until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and mix well. Now add the room temperature milk to the bowl and beat well until combined.
- Now transfer the prepared dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little and fold it until it gets combined. Do not beat it.
- Finally add the lemon juice and fold it to get mixed. Your batter will get slightly fluffy with the baking soda reacting with the lemon.
- Pour the prepared batter into the greased baking pan upto ¾ th of its height. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and Let it cool down completely to room temperature before glazing.
- For the glaze, mix the lemon juice and icing sugar together until combined well. Drizzle it over the lemon cake until covered.
- Slice and enjoy the soft and tangy lemon cake.