My Sixth Recipe “Carrot Pachadi” is one of the most often made side dishes in my kitchen. It is very easy to make; light and healthy; yet a extremely delicious dish. It goes very well along with Kara Kuzhambu and rice. The freshness of the carrot, along with the tang of the yogurt, makes this dish a best accompaniment for anything like the spicy and oily Kara Kuzhambu. At times I even tend to have this carrot pachadi just by the spoonfuls, so yummy.
- Carrot - 1 ½ Cup Grated
- Curd Yogurt - 1 Cup
- Curry Leaves - 5-6 leaves
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp finely chopped for garnishing
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Oil - ½ tsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Broken Urad dal - ½ tsp
- Jeera - ¼ tsp
- Heat a pan with oil, add the mustard and let it splutter and then add all other ingredients under “To Temper” one by one in given order.
- Followed by curry leaves and grated carrot sauté them for 3 minutes or till the color of carrot changes pale. Switch off the flame.
- Now, in a clean bowl, add the curd and salt beat them together without lumps. Add the cooked carrot to the curd and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as a side accompaniment. I used to have it as such, yummy 😉
Notes | FAQ
- Fresh and thick curd without adding water will give the best taste to the pachadi.
Leave a Reply