Happy Easter !!! My 122nd recipe, "Eggless Carrot Cupcake", a light and fluffy cupcake. I do not have much of an idea about Easter. My only acquaintance is with the Easter Bunny and the colorful Easter Eggs I get to see in the supermarkets here. I love bunnies, they are absolutely cute and cuddly. And the chocolate cadbury eggs that are found during this time of year, are my other favorite. Hence no reason for me not to celebrate. Initially, I wanted to make a lovely bunny carrot cake with full of frosting and decorations. I loved the idea of using carrots in a cake. Then suddenly a thought of eating healthy sprung in my mind and thought of not overloading myself and RK with too much of sweet. Hence I turned into making a cupcake instead and skipped the frosting to make it healthier. The cupcake turned out super soft, moist, fluffy and just right that you will never miss the frosting. It is perfect to impress any Easter bunny 😉 This recipe was adapted from here.
Eggless Carrot Cupcake
- All purpose flour - 1 Cup
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt -¼ tsp
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Sugar - ½ Cup
- Curd / Yogurt - ¾ Cup
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated carrot - ½ Cup tightly packed
- Chopped Walnuts - 2 Tbsp Optional
- Raisins - 2 Tbsp Optional
- First take a mixing bowl, add all items listed under "Dry Ingredients" and mix or sieve until combined well.
- Melt the butter and keep aside to bring it to room temperature. Take a separate large mixing bowl, add the sugar, yogurt and milk and whisk well until the sugar is dissolved. Add the melted butter and mix well until nicely combined.
- Now add the vanilla essence, cinnamon powder and mix well. Add the grated carrot and stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold until combined. Add the chopped walnuts and raisins and fold them into the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 360 F. Line or grease a muffin pan and pour the batter into the moulds about ¾ full. Bake for about 15-20 mins, until the muffins are fully done. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Leave the cupcake to come to room temperature. Enjoy.
Notes | FAQ
- The same batter can be poured into a cake pan and baked into a delicious carrot cake. You can use a cream cheese frosting similar to the red velvet cake.
- I had added the raisins, but skipped the chopped walnuts. Adapted from Sharmi's Passions