My 45th recipe “Coffee Ice Cream”, a dish which has no barriers. Any part of the world you might be from, any age group or gender you might belong to, I am sure that you love ice creams, just like I do 🙂 This experiment started when I was left out with some heavy cream and condensed milk after making black forest cake . Hope each one of you would have ended up in such a scenario.
The lifetime of the cream is very less and I had to immediately put that into use. I was searching the web for ideas. There were many recipes which used heavy cream like mousse, pana cotta, etc., but nothing impressed me. When I came across some folks suggesting this 2 ingredient ice cream, which did not require a ice cream machine, I stopped there to think. I had not made an ice cream earlier, so apparently I didn’t know if it was the real deal. But I did not have any other idea and so wanted to give the ice cream a try.
Once I made this ice cream, you would not believe me, it tasted so wonderful, better than any other ice cream I have tasted so far in my life. Immediately, I wanted to share this recipe with everyone so that you can have the same experience. I am convinced now that I will start experimenting with different flavors and will keep posting multiple ice cream recipes 🙂
Coffee Ice Cream (No eggs, No Churn)
A delicious home made coffee ice cream, made without any eggs. Also, no need of any fancy ice cream machine and just needs 2 basic ingredients.
- Heavy whipping cream - 1 1/2 Cups
- Sweetened condensed milk - 1/2 Can (7 oz)
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Instant coffee powder - 4 tsp
- Semi sweetened choco chip - 1/2 Cup
- In a small bowl, take about 2 Tbsp of room temperature water, add the instant coffee powder and let it dissolve. Take the condensed milk in a clean mixing bowl, add the vanilla extract and this coffee liquid; beat it until bubbly. I used a electric hand mixer.
- Now to a clean large mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and beat it until stiff peaks. Refer to my Back Forest recipe for tips and tricks for preparing whipped cream.
- To the beaten cream, add the beaten condensed milk mixture and choco chip. Mix it in a folding way using a spatula till they are blended.
- Freeze you ice cream for 6 hours. I left it overnight in the freezer.
- Enjoy cold, optionally with your favorite toppings like honey, chocolate syrup, nuts, etc.
- After adding condensed milk to the whipped cream, do not beat them. Instead fold from bottom to top to get evenly mixed.
- Adjust the instant coffee powder quantity according to your taste. The quantity I have mentioned will give the ice cream a nice strong coffee flavor.
- In case if you like to have sugar free ice cream, use unsweetened condensed milk instead of sweetened version.
Submitted this recipe to Remmy’s Kitchen First blog anniversary celebration and giveaway.