My 255th recipe, “Spicy Baked Potato Wedges”, a perfect side to pair with the Red Baron pizza and Edwards Frozen Pie for “The Big Game”. While growing up the only sport which was famous around there was Cricket. Though I was not much interested in watching Cricket, it was literally filled everywhere. My dad was a huge fan and would not miss watching his favorite team play. While watching he will always make sure that I am not around. He jokingly believed that each time I watched the match, his favorite team would swing towards losing. Just to tease him I would always purposefully sit with him to watch the match. While it was not so much fun to watch the match itself, it was always fun teasing my dad 🙂
After getting married and moving to the US, I was little relieved to find out that cricket was not the most popular game here. And it is expensive to subscribe to sports channels which broadcasted cricket. However, football has taken over the place of cricket now. One day I was jokingly sharing the story of watching sports with RK. Since then RK has taken over the practice of my dad. He says that with football, my luck has reversed and whichever team I support now, actually wins the game. So whenever his favorite team looks like loosing, he would immediately call me and make me sit alongside and watch the game. Such fun always make me look eagerly for the football season.
Apart from the jokes and fun, the other thing I love about watching football on TV is the chance to enjoy delicious snacks sitting on the couch. RK is a big time fan of pizza. For him pizza is a food of joy. He would always want to have a pizza whether it is a movie night or a game day. I guess I have mentioned this earlier as well. My favorite way of enjoying pizza is buying it from the frozen aisle of my supermarket and bake it fresh at home. I somehow feel that the pizzas delivered to home arrive cold. And I am actually lazy to prepare pizza from scratch at home, every time. To be honest, I love the soft, chewy and crispy crust and cheesy flavor of the Red Baron’s Classic Crust 4-Cheese pizza. A great way to save time in the kitchen without sacrificing great taste.
This time around along with the pizza, I decided to treat myself to a side of homemade spicy baked potato wedges. And why are these spicy baked potato wedges the perfect side ? It literally takes only less than a minute to prep them and then you can just throw them into the oven at 400 F along with the frozen pizza. In 30 mins, you would have hot and crispy potato wedges without much effort. And don’t even bother to make something for dessert. The Edward Frozen Pie is just the solution for you. RK had his say this time around and bought Pecan Pie. It tasted so fresh and delicious that it is by far the most delicious pie we have tasted.
I purchased both the Red Baron Pizza and Edwards pie from the Frozen food aisle, when I visited my nearby Target Supermarket. In case you plan to visit the Target supermarket in North Irving, the frozen food aisle will be located on the right hand corner of the store.
Spicy Baked Potato Wedges
Spicy Baked Potato wedges is a, easy side to make along side Red Baron pizza perfect to have during a football game night or movie night.
- Russet Potato - 1 large
- Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Red chilli Powder - 2 large pinches
- Garlic Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masalaa small pinch
- Turmeric powdera small pinch
- Jeera powdera small pinch
- Cilantro - For garnish
- First, wash the potato thoroughly. Then cut the potato into 8 wedges and pat them dry. Transfer the potato wedges to a baking sheet. You can look at that pics below for cutting the potato into wedges.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Drizzle the olive oil on top of the wedges. Add the remaining ingredients to the potato wedges. Toss the wedges gently until the oil and spices are coated uniformly over the potato wedges.
- Bake the potato wedges for 15 mins. Then pull them out of the oven and turn the potato wedges. Return it back to the oven and bake for a further 15 mins until nicely golden. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.
- The quantity of ingredients is just for reference. Do adjust the quantity of oil, salt and masala based on the size of the potato and taste preference.
- Cut the potato wedges to be uniform in size. This will make sure that they cook uniformly.
- Pat dry the potato wedges to make sure that they turn out golden and crispy.
What do you love having during the football game days ? You can find here an offer to receive 5% discount on your next Red baron Frozen Pizza purchase from Target.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamPizza #CB #CollectiveBias