My 244th recipe, "Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo", an easy and delicious pasta dish. This is one other dish I got to like by trying it at the Olive Garden restaurant here. Apart from their minestrone soup and breadsticks, I love this simple and creamy fettuccine alfredo. Since it is loaded with cream and cheese, I do not have it frequently. It is only rarely when I visit for some celebration that I order this dish. The first time I tasted it was on Valentine's day for dinner. We watched a Little mermaid musical in the evening, which was just wonderful. And followed it up, with a delicious dinner at Olive Garden. We were treated to a warm plate of this rich and creamy fettuccine alfredo. A perfect dish to have on such special occasions.
While I make pasta at home, I tend to skip cream and try to make it comparatively leaner by using milk. But there is absolutely nothing wrong to get a little indulgent once in a while. Especially when the weather is cold outside, there can be no better comfort food than this warm plate of pasta. Also, this fettuccine alfredo is very easy to make and it is just about cooking your pasta and then get it coated with loads of cream and cheese. The only challenge is to not boil the cream and let it separate. Considering the remote chances of failure, this recipe is perfect for first time cooks. Also, with the rich splash of dairy, this is one healthy dish for your kids too. Since it is very easy to sneak in some veggies while making this pasta, this could be one of the easiest way to get your kids eat their veggies 🙂
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo
- ½ lb Fettuccine Pasta (½ packet)
- ¼ cup Butter (½ stick)
- 2 cloves Garlic (grated)
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- a small pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground back pepper
- ¾ cup Grated parmesan
- Chopped parsely (for garnish)
- First cook the fettuccine pasta as per package instructions. For mine, I brought a pot of water to boil. Added about 1 tsp of salt. Add the pasta and cook for about 10 mins until al-dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid and drain the remaining liquid from pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan and melt the butter in medium-low flame. Add the grated garlic to the melted butter and saute for about 15 secs.
- Now add the cream to the pan and stir well until it combines with the butter. Now, add the nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Finally, add the parmesan cheese , mix well and turn of the flame. The cheese will melt and thicken the sauce. Immediately add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss so that the sauce coats the pasta. Add the ¼ cup of the cooking liquid to thin out the sauce, if needed.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of chopped parsley and grated parmesan.