My 36th recipe “Semiya Dosa (Vermicelli Dosa)”, an interesting recipe with the fusion of upma and dosa tastes. Today I felt like having dosa for breakfast, but I didn’t have any dosa batter left in my refrigerator. RK suggested to make vermicelli upma for breakfast, since it is one of his favorites and I can make that quickly as well. But for some reason I was in no mood to eat upma and wanted to have my dosa. Suddenly this idea of fusing vermicelli into an instant dosa twinkled in my mind. Though I was little apprehensive to start with, this semiya dosa came out very well and tasted even better than the regular dosa. It looked very tempting as well, that it was very difficult controlling myself to not eat it until I had taken the photos 🙂
An instant vermicelli / semiya dosa to try for breakfast. An interesting dish combining the flavors of Indian Breakfast dishes upma and dosa.
- Roasted Vermicelli | Semiya - 1/2 Cup
- Rava/Sooji/Semolina - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice flour - 1/2 Cup
- Curd | Yogurt - 1/4 Cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 (Finely chopped)
- Green Chilli - 1 (Finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - 5 leaves
- Carrot - 2 Tbsp (Grated)
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the above listed ingredients along with about 3/4 Cup of water. Mix thoroughly and bring it to batter consistency. Optionally, you can let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Now heat a tawa, pour a laddle full of batter on the hot tawa and spread the batter evenly. Sprinkle few drops of oil to the corners of the dosa. Turn the flame to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes or till the dosa turns golden brown at the edges. Flip the dosa and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and transfer to serving plate.
- Enjoy hot with sambar / chutney.
- Do adjust the water quantity accordingly, to get a batter consistency as shown in my pic. The batter should be thin similar to rava dosa batter consistency.
Submitted this recipe to the event Come, join us for Breakfast, hosted by Cooking4AllSeasons.