My 29th Recipe, “Sweet Corn Veg Soup”. A warm and healthy Soup. I am not a soup person by any stretch. But after gobbling upon so many sweets and treats for the past few weeks for the Holidays and New Year; thought it is time to start keeping up with my New Year resolution. Yeah I know it is the top resolution of most of you folks too. I wanted to start eating and posting more and more healthy dishes 😀 This Sweet Corn Veg Soup is easy to make and healthier and tastier than most of the soups you buy from restaurants or packets.
Sweet Corn Veg Soup
Sweet Corn Veg Soup is a very easy to make homemade soup, prepared with fresh veggies, sweet corn and thickened with corn starch.
- Spring Onion - 8 (Finely Chopped, White and Green Part separated)
- Garlic - 2 cloves (Finely Chopped)
- Butter | Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Sweet Corn - 1 large (about 1 Cup Corn Kernels)
- Water - 4 Cups
- Carrot - 2 medium (Finely Chopped)
- Green Beans - 5 (Finely Chopped)
- Salt - To taste
- Freshly ground black Pepper - To taste
- Corn flour - 1 Tbsp
- Green Chilli - 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob. If they are not tender and feel dry, then par boil them until they are 50% cooked. Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the white part of spring onion, garlic and green chilli and saute for a minute. Once translucent, add the vegetables (corn, carrot and beans) and give a quick stir.
- Add 4 cups of water and about ½ tsp salt and leave it to cook for about 30 mins in slow flame until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add little bit of water to the corn flour and make a paste. Add this corn flour mixture to the soup at this stage.
- Let the soup boil for 5 mins until it thickens. Turn off the flame and add the green part of the spring onion and ¼ tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- If you like your soup thick and white in color, increase the quantity of corn flour. Corn flour is added to thicken the soup. The quantity I had added will give you a thin soup, since i like my soup thin.
- If you like your soup creamy, you can add 1 cup of milk instead of water.
- If you want a smooth soup, you can grind the corn and then add to the soup instead of adding the kernels directly. The Taste will be different but equally delicious.
- The bread croutons in the pictures are just to add color. They will not go well with this soup.