My 89th recipe, “Strawberry Cobbler”, a decadent breakfast dish. Cobbler is a breakfast dish which looks so decadent and sophisticated, however it is very easy to make. Along with muffins, Cobbler was one of the dishes I learnt to bake when I was a novice with baking. I would call it a fool proof dish, since every single time it turns out perfect.
I usually use fresh peaches to make peach cobbler, which tastes amazing. However, when I saw a big box of strawberries sitting in my fridge, I wanted to try making a Strawberry Cobbler. Since, I had learnt that there are numerous variations for making a cobbler, I wanted to try a different variation than my usual recipe for peach cobbler. And out of all the strawberry cobbler recipes I found on the internet, this one caught my eye.
It just looked perfect and was easy to make with the ingredients I already had in hand. And as expected it turned out perfect. Sweet, tangy, juicy, spongy and crispy at the corners. It was an all in one experience for my taste buds. This recipe was adapted from here.
Strawberry Cobbler is a very easy to bake and decadent breakfast dish made with fresh strawberries and flour. Perfect for a Lazy Weekend breakfast.
- Fresh Strawberries - 1 1/2 Cup (diced)
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup (adjust per taste)
- All purpose flour - 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1/2 stick | 4 Tbsp
- First add the strawberries and 1/4 cup of sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix nicely and leave it aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the Flour, salt, remaining 1/4 Cup sugar and baking powder. Mix well until combined.
- Add the milk and mix well until combined.
- Melt the butter and add to the mixture. Add the vanilla essence and mix thoroughly. Do not over mix.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Take a greased baking pan and pour the batter into the baking pan. Now spoon the strawberries on top of the batter. Do not push the strawberries inside the batter. Bake for 40 mins or until the top is nicely brown and the cobbler is cooked through.
- Enjoy hot or cold. Optionally top with whipped cream.
- Adapted from Divas Can Cook
Submitted to event “Fun with Egg Free Baking“, hosted by Gayatri.