Sweet Lassi is an easy Indian Summer Drink made with yogurt and flavored with cardamom powder and rose essence. Perfect for the hot summer days.
- 1 ½ Cup Yogurt (Chilled)
- ½ Cup Milk | Water (Chilled)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (adjust per taste)
- 3 drops Rose essence
- 1 large pinch Cardamom powder
- Chopped Pistachio - as needed
- Chopped Almonds - as needed
- Saffron strands - as needed
Add all the ingredients listed above (except "For garnish"), to a large mixing bowl. Beat nicely using an hand/electric whisk, until frothy.
<br><br><img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/lassi-1.jpg" alt="sweet lassi" width="48%" /> <img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/lassi-2.jpg" alt="sweet lassi" width="48%" />
Transfer to serving glass, add the garnish and serve cold.
<br><br><img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/sweet-lassi-1.jpg" alt="sweet lassi" width="100%" />
- Do not over beat the lassi, butter will separate out and float on top.
- Addition of rose essence is optional and as per your taste.
- Alternatively, instead of using a whisk, you can also pulse the lassi in a mixie/blender.
- Yogurt should not be sour for making lassi.