An instant vermicelli / semiya dosa to try for breakfast. An interesting dish combining the flavors of Indian Breakfast dishes upma and dosa.
- ½ Cup Roasted Vermicelli | Semiya
- 1 ½ Tbsp Rava/Sooji/Semolina
- ½ Cup Rice flour
- ¼ Cup Curd | Yogurt
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (Finely chopped)
- 5 leaves Curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp Carrot (Grated)
Take a mixing bowl and add all the above listed ingredients along with about ¾ Cup of water. Mix thoroughly and bring it to batter consistency. Optionally, you can let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
<br><br><img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/vdbatter1.jpg" alt="dosa" width="48%"> <img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/vdbatter2.jpg" alt="dosa" width="48%"><br><br><img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/vdbatter3.jpg" alt="dosa" width="48%">
Now heat a tawa, pour a laddle full of batter on the hot tawa and spread the batter evenly. Sprinkle few drops of oil to the corners of the dosa. Turn the flame to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes or till the dosa turns golden brown at the edges. Flip the dosa and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and transfer to serving plate.
<br><br><img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/vdcook1.jpg" alt="dosa" width="48%"> <img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/vdcook2.jpg" alt="dosa" width="48%">
Enjoy hot with sambar / chutney.
<br><br><img src="//revisfoodography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/vermicelli-dosa-1.jpg" alt="vermicelli dosa" width="100%">
- I used roasted vermicelli. If you dont have roasted vermicelli, you can just dry roast the one you have and let it come to room temperature before adding to the mixture.
- Do adjust the water quantity accordingly, to get a batter consistency as shown in my pic. The batter should be thin similar to rava dosa batter consistency.