My 283rd recipe, “M&M’s® Coffee Nut Mocha Cookies”, an easy and indulgent cookie. Rich with coffee and chocolate flavors. Perfectly soft and chewy. Makes a wonderful anytime snack or a quick breakfast. These mocha cookies have enough caffeine in them to charge you up for the mornings.
It just takes a moment to fall in love. That is what happened when I baked the Banana choco chip cookies sometime back. I loved it so much that, I am now addicted towards baking chewy homemade cookies. It is not that I did not taste chewy cookies earlier. I always loved the chewy kind of choco chip cookies. It is just that I was used to having it at stores until then. But after experiencing how delicious the homemade one was, I started looking for more and more variations of soft and chewy cookies to try out at home.
Chocolate and coffee are basically two flavors which I cannot absolutely live without. If any dish has one of those flavors, I am sure I would go crazy for it, irrespective of whether it is a hot dish or even an ice cream. Hence it is only very obvious that I would rate a mocha cookie made by combining chocolate and coffee flavors very high on my favorites list. After taking a break from blogging for a couple of weeks, it is now kind of slow moving to get back into the rhythm. A mid week Mocha cookie sounded like the perfect boost for myself. Hence without any second thoughts I decided to go ahead and make some today.
While these mocha cookies can be addictive on their own, a little bit of added flavor and texture wouldn’t do it any harm. M&M’s® would just be the perfect addition to any cookies. But these mocha cookies deserved a special one of those M&M’s®.
When I had visited my local Walmart a few days back, I stumbled across three new M&M’s® Peanut varieties: M&M’s® Chili Nut, M&M’s® Honey Nut, M&M’s® Coffee Nut. I quickly grabbed all 3 of them to give a try. If you had noticed, there were in-store demos run across Walmart supermarket nationwide where M&M’s® fans got a chance to try all three of those lovely flavors.
I then came to know about the “Flavor Vote” campaign open between March 1 to June 17. To participate in the campaign, all you have to do is purchase and taste each of the new flavors for yourself and then cast your vote for your favorite. You would be able to do so once a day until June 17. Once you cast your vote for your favorite new M&M’s® Peanut flavor, you are automatically entered for the chance to win $100,000 and earn the title of the official M&M’s® Taste Tester. The winner will be announced in August along with the winner of the ‘Flavor Vote,’ which will remain on retailer shelves nationwide.
M&M’s® Coffee Nut Mocha Cookies
M&M’s® Coffee Nut Mocha Cookies are delicious and indulgent chewy homemade cookies rich with the flavors of coffee and chocolate.
- All purpose flour - 1 Cup
- Corn Starch - 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder - 1/3 Cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- Flax Seed meal - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 3 + 1 Tbsp (slightly warm)
- Instant coffee powder - 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 stick | 1/2 Cup (softened, at room temperature)
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Brown Sugar - 1/3 Cup
- M&M’s® Coffee Nut - 3/4 Cups
- First, add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Add the flax seed meal to a small bowl. Add 3 Tbsp of water to the flax seed meal, mix well and keep aside.
- Also, add the instant coffee powder to the remaining 1 Tbsp water, mix well and keep aside.
- Now, add the softened butter to a large mixing bowl along with both the regular and brown sugar. Beat with an electric or hand whisk until soft and fluffy.
- Add the flax seed mixture and coffee mixture to the whisked butter sugar mixture. Beat again until everything is mixed well and fluffy.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little and whisk until combined into a dough.
- Add the M&M’s® Coffee Nut to the dough, gently fold it in. Refrigerate for about 30 mins to 1 hr.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a baking sheet or cover with parchment paper and keep aside. Scoop about a tablespoon of dough and place it onto the baking sheet. Bake for about 8 - 10 mins until the cookie is done. Pull out the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool for about 5 mins. Then transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy.
- Flax seed meal + water is a substitute for egg. If not a vegan / vegetarian, feel free to replace it with a large egg.
- Adjust the size of the dough balls based on the size of cookie you desire.
- Baking time would depend on your oven settings and the size of cookie.
- Leave atleast 1-2 inches space between the cookie dough while baking to make sure that they do not stick to each other after baking.
- Immediately after pulling the cookies from the oven, they will be very soft and feel like they are under cooked. It is mandatory to let them cool 🙂
While I loved all the 3 flavors, M&M’s® Coffee Nut was my favorite. I have already gone ahead and voted for it to make sure that the flavor wins and gets a chance to stay on the shelves nationwide. Vote for your favorite and then go ahead, gather some support of your favorite flavor using the hashtag #MMSFlavorVote. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to get selected as the official M&M’s® Taste Tester 🙂
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MMSFlavorVote #Walmart #CollectiveBias