My 277th recipe, “Easy Tropical Carrot Salad”, a quick and easy salad recipe. Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Wondering why a carrot salad is appearing suddenly on the blog. It is well so very obvious. It is Easter today and wanted to make the Easter Bunny happy with his favorite, carrot 🙂
Thanks to Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit, I have been able to eat Salad regularly during the last week or so. And I am now hooked up to salads. I am now hoping that I could make it into a habit. As soon as the kits where over, I wanted to give a homemade salad a try. I didn’t want to complicate it too much and wanted to keep it simple. Something loaded with lots of healthy ingredients as well as flavor. My obvious choice was to go with an tropical salad.
We are almost at the beginning of April, however, it is still Spring here and the temperatures are hovering around in the 60s. It was not always the case while growing up near the tropics. April was usually when the climate changed from Hot to Hotter and getting us set up for the Hottest summer. A light and refreshing salad would always be a welcome addition to the meal during such sultry days. So, a tropical salad perfectly makes sense to me at this time of the year.
This tropical carrot salad is so easy to make. It is just about having all the necessary ingredients ready and tossing them together when needed. This salad uses shredded carrots as a base. You can add it whatever fruits you love. I added in some pineapples and mango for their slight sweet and sour flavor. And finally to round everything up and to add some color, I added my favorite raisins. The dressing for this salad is pretty straight forward. The goodness from the yogurt combined with the aroma of the jeera powder and the seasonings. All in all a well balanced salad perfect for the hotter weather months 🙂
Easy Tropical Carrot Salad
Tropical Carrot Salad is an easy to make summer salad loaded with carrots, pineapples, mangoes, raisins and has a rich and healthy yogurt dressing.
- Carrot - 2 Cups (Shredded)
- Pineapple chunks - 1/4 Cup (heaped)
- Ripe Mango chunks - 1/4 Cup (heaped)
- Raisins - 1/4 Cup
- Yogurt - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - as per taste
- Jeera powder - 1/8 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Add all the ingredients listed under "For dressing" to a small mixing bowl. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Add the carrot, pineapple, mango and raisins to a large bowl and add the dressing to the same bowl. Gently toss until combined. Refrigerate for atleast 15 mins for the flavors to blend it.
- Do adjust the quantity and combination of salad ingredients based on your taste preference.
- Adjust the quantity of dressing as per your taste preference. The quantity mentioned will give a light coating of dressing.
- Since my yogurt was already a little sour, I did not need lemon extract. You can add a little lemon extract to the dressing for a hint of sourness.
- You can add chat masala to the dressing for an added flavor.