My 191st recipe, “Watermelon Strawberry Fizz”, an easy and delicious summer drink. While mangoes were one reason I used to love summers in Chennai, there was another worthy reason as well. Summers in Chennai are usually characterized by the loads of watermelon sold by the street side.
Watermelons are also one among my many favorite fruits. There is no better option to quench your taste than a lovely slice of watermelon. Watermelon has a very high water content and extremely good for you during the hot summer days. I can still remember my dad buying a whole watermelon and bringing it home. My mom used to slice it up for me and I used to enjoy a nice big red slice. So, whenever I see a watermelon at my local supermarket here, I would be always reminded of my childhood days in Chennai.
I generally do not make a juice out of watermelon. It is mainly because I would devour the watermelon even before it gets a chance to enter my mixie. But today I summoned up my patience to make a super cool drink with the watermelon. I added some strawberries and a mint simple syrup to add on to the already exciting flavor of the drink. And the sparkling water added the perfect wow factor this watermelon strawberry fizz deserved 😉
Watermelon Strawberry Fizz
Watermelon Strawberry Fizz is a wonderful summer drink made by combining the goodness of the watermelons and strawberries along with a little mint flavor.
- Sugar - 1 1/2 Tbsp (adjust per taste)
- Water - 1/3 Cup
- Mint - 5 leaves
- Strawberry - 1 Cup (Chopped)
- Watermelon - 2 Cups (Chopped)
- Sparkling water - 1/3 Cup (optional)
- First add the sugar, water and mint leaves to a small pan. Bring it to a boil and make sure that the sugar dissolves completely. Leave it to cool down to room temperature.
- Add the chopped strawberry, watermelon to the mixie/blender. Remove the mint leaves from the sugar syrup and add only the syrup to the mixie/blender. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until chill. Add sparking water right before serving, for an added fizz to the drink.
- Adjust the quantity of water based on the juiciness of your fruits.
- Adjust the quantity of mint based on your taste preference. The given quantity will give a mild flavor.
- Sparkling water is purely optional added to give your drink a fizz. You can skip it and have it just as a cooler.
- If in a hurry, you can refrigerate the sugar syrup to cool it down faster.