My 179th recipe, “Strawberry Lassi”, a super cool and healthy drink for the summer. As mentioned in one my earlier posts, lassi is a famous Indian drink made by adding sugar or fruit to yogurt. It is one of my favorite and goto drinks during summer. Whenever I visit an Indian restaurant I would normally order a mango lassi, since mango is one of my most favorite fruits.
However, strawberries are my favorite too, but I never see a lassi made out of strawberries. Only then I started making my own strawberry lassi at home. It is very easy to make. Whenever you crave for a cold drink, it is as simple as throwing in the fruit along with the other ingredients from the refrigerator and you can enjoy a glass of this cool strawberry lassi in no time. Also, during my childhood, Rose milk was one among my favorite drinks. The addition of a little bit of the rose essence to this lassi, combines my love for both lassi and rose milk in a single drink 😉
Strawberry Lassi is a easy to make and super cool Summer drink made by blending fresh strawberries with yogurt and flavoring it with rose essence.
- Strawberry - 10 large (about 1 Cup after chopping)
- Yogurt | Curd - 3/4 Cup
- Milk - 1/4 Cup
- Sugar - 1/2 Tbsp (adjust per taste)
- Rose essence - 3 drops
- First chop up the strawberries and leave it in the freezer for a minimum of 30 mins.
- Add the frozen strawberries to a mixie/blender along with the yogurt, milk, sugar and rose essence. Blend until smooth.
- If you are short of time, you can also use ice cubes instead of freezing the strawberries.
- If you want a thick lassi, skip the milk and add a total of 1 Cup of yogurt.
- Using full fat yogurt is recommended to achieve the best taste.
- Rose essence compliments the flavor of the strawberries nicely. If you can't find it, you can use a pinch of cardamom powder instead.