My 178th recipe, “Eggless Strawberry Vanilla Cake in a Cup”, a easy way to start your day. There are some mornings, especially on weekends, I do not have the patience to spend a long time in my kitchen preparing an elaborate breakfast. Since I would always be hungry by the time I wake up, Quick fix breakfasts are what I love to make on such occasions.
While there are different kinds of dishes you may prepare, nothing can be more fun and interesting than making a cake in a cup. It is a very cute, hassle-free and non messy way of preparing and I absolutely love it. I do not have to pre heat my oven or stand near my stove top. This mug cake is as simple as throwing a few basic ingredients from your pantry and then nuking it for a couple of minutes. viola, you have a delicious cake ready.
This Eggless Strawberry Vanilla cake, is one among my most favorite of mug cakes. It is very light, soft, spongy with a wonderful vanilla flavor. But, it doesn’t use any egg for rising which is an absolute plus for me. Also, the fresh strawberries keeps the whole cake moist and adds a delicate natural sweetness. Probably the best way to make your kids eat some fruit 🙂 And, if you are of the adventurous kind, top off the mug cake with some chocolate syrup or whipped cream and you can turn it into a decadent dessert 😉
Eggless Strawberry Vanilla Cake in a Cup
Eggless Strawberry Vanilla Cake in a Cup is a soft, light and super delicious cake that can be made in your microwave in less than 5 mins.
- All purpose flour - 1/4 Cup + 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Salta tiny pinch
- Milk - 1/4 Cup
- Oil - 1 Tbsp (*Flavorless like Canola Oil)
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Fresh strawberry - 1
- First mix all the dry ingredients (Flour, baking powder, sugar, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix nicely until there are no lumps.
- Finely chop up the strawberry. Add the chopped strawberries into the cup and fold it in.
- Pour the mixture in a microwave oven safe cup. Fill only 3/4 of the cup, the cake needs some space to rise.Microwave it for 1 min - 2 mins.
- Enjoy hot or cool, optionally topping it with chopped fresh strawberries.
- Since each microwave is different and the size of cup you might use as well. So the time to microwave could vary and can be anywhere from 1 minute to 2 minutes. Keep looking constantly and turn off the microwave as soon as you feel the cake is done. For me it took around 1 min 30 secs.
- Do not microwave for more time than needed. Your cake will become dry.