My 156th recipe, “Mango Lemonade”, a refreshing summer drink. While there are numerous cold drinks available to beat the heat of summer, all they do is to quench your thirst. However, Lemonade is one among the very few drinks that would not just stop with quenching your thirst. It would help to cool down your whole body acting from inside. This is especially very much needed in hot tropical climate places like India. It would protect you against all heat related ailments. Hence my mom always used to prepare a cool lemonade once in 2 days during the harsh summer days. Once I moved to the US, I saw more than just the basic lemonade. Lemonades with added fruit flavors caught my attention. Just to get a taste of it, I tried a pink strawberry lemonade once at a restaurant here. It was very delicious and tasted better than the plain lemonade. Also, the one thing I love about summer is the abundance of my favorite mangoes. So, it only made best sense for me to combine both of those lovely flavors into a wonderful Mango lemonade. This mango lemonade has now become one of my goto summer drinks. Perfectly cool and refreshing. It is very easy to make at home as well and you would never again have to buy a drink loaded with preservatives and other additives from the supermarket. Two birds in one stone 😉
- Ripe Mango - 1
- Sugar - 3 Tbsp (adjust per taste)
- Salt - 1 large pinch
- Lemon extract - 1/2 Cup
- Cold Water - 3 Cups
- First peel the skin of the mango and chop up the pulp. Transfer the pulp to a blender/mixie. Add the sugar, salt, lemon extract and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground mango paste to a large bowl or jug and add the cold water. Mix well.
- Serve cold with a slice of lemon and ice cubes.
- - The tartness of the lemon and the sweetness of mango could vary. So, while adding the cold water, add 2 1/2 cups first. Give the lemonade a taste. And then add the remaining half cup based on your taste preference.
Sending this recipe to the First Blog Anniversary Celebration of Delectable Flavours.