My 149th recipe, “Banana Avocado Mango Smoothie”, a healthy and cool drink for the summer. While the name of the smoothie may be fancy, it is a very simple smoothie. It is just a concoction of banana, avocado and mango. While avocados are used extensively here in Texas due to the Mexican influence, I mostly see them being used in Mexican dishes like guacamole, fajitas, etc. I have not seen many people making a smoothie out of it here.
While I was in India, I have seen in juice stalls that they make a smoothie or milkshake using nicely ripened avocados. However they are called as Butter Fruit there. I took my inspiration from those smoothies I have seen there. However I did not want to keep it simple. So I added in other tropical flavors I love. Banana and Mango perfectly complimented the smooth creamy texture of the avocados and the mix of these wonderful fruits gave a refreshingly new flavor to this Banana Avocado Mango Smoothi. It is probably one of my favorite smoothies now. Silky smooth and creamy 🙂
Banana Avocado Mango Smoothie
Banana Avocado Mango Smoothie is an easy to make smoothie which is basically a concoction of bananas, mango and avocado. Perfect for a warm sunny day.
- Mango - 1
- Banana - 1
- Avocado - 1
- Sweetener (Sugar/Honey/Agave/Stevia) - as per taste
- Milk - 1/4 Cup
- First peel the skin of the mango and chop up the pulp into smaller pieces. Slice the banana. Freeze the banana and mango for 1 hr.
- Add the frozen banana, mango to a blender. Chop up the pulp of the avocado and add it to the blender along with sweetener of your choice and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy cold.
- You can increase the quantity of milk if you need a thinner smoothie.
- You can skip the sweetener if you like, since the banana and mango is already sweet. However I added about 1/2 tsp of Sugar for extra sweetness.
- Fruits should be really ripe to get the best flavor.
- I used mini-Bananas. Hence I used 2 of them and they gave a special flavor to the smoothie compared to regular bananas.
- Use equal quantities of the 3 fruits to get a balanced flavor.
Sending this recipe to the First Blog Anniversary Celebration of Delectable Flavours.