My 49th recipe “Spicy Asian Fried Rice”, a delicious entree to spice yourself up on a cold winter day. Though I love the regular paneer fried rice I make, on cold and rainy days like today, I particularly crave for a more spicy dish. This spicy asian fried rice with red chilli and other asian sauces is perfect to warm me up from inside. I generally don’t buy veggies like capsicum, brussel sprouts, broccoli, etc. But when I do buy, I make sure that I give them their due respect. Just throw them along with some rice and asian sauces and you will watch them magically get transformed into this fancy fried rice. A treat for your eye as well as your tummy 🙂 Don’t get intimidated by the color of the dish. You can easily control the spiciness level by avoiding the asian hot sauce or going light on the red chillies 😉
Spicy Asian Fried Rice
A easy to make spicy asian vegetarian fried rice. Just need a few basic pantry ingredients, rice and veggies to whip up one in no time.
- Rice - 3/4 Cup
- Red Chilli - 2 for grinding + 1 for garnish
- Vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp (Finely Chopped)
- Garlic - 1 Tbsp (Finely Chopped)
- Spring Onion - 4 (Finely chopped, White and Green part separated)
- Baby Carrot - 5
- Beans - 5
- Brussel Sprouts - 5
- Capsicum - 5 medium
- Broccoli florets - 5 small
- Sesame Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Asian Hot sauce - 1 Tbsp (Optional)
- Soya Sauce - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt - Per taste
- First, soak the red chilli in warm water for 1 hr or in boiling water for 15 mins. Grind the soaked red chilli nicely along with 1 Tbsp vinegar. Also, chop the veggies to a medium sized pieces.
- Then cook the rice and leave it in the refrigerator for about 15 mins. This is needed to make sure the rice stays firm in the fried rice.
- In a large pan, heat the sesame oil. Once hot, add the ginger, garlic and saute for 30 sec. Then add the white part of the spring onion and saute for another 30 sec.
- Add the red chilli vinegar paste and cook until the raw smell of the chilli is gone. It would take a couple of minutes.
- Now, add the veggies, salt and saute for about 1 min. Then add the asian hot sauce and soya sauce and cook until the raw smell of the sauce is gone. Probably for 1-2 mins.
- Now, add the cooked rice to the pan and mix nicely. Saute until the rice get nicely warmed up and absorbs all the flavors. Turn off the flame, garnish with chopped red chilli and green part of spring onions.
- Serve hot.
- You can use any other oil, but sesame oil will give the best flavor to this dish.
- You can use any other veggies as well in the fried rice.
- The quantity of garlic and ginger mentioned is must for this fried rice.
- The whole cooking has to be done in high flame.
- Do not over cook the veggies. They need to be crunchy in the fried rice.
Submitted this recipe to Remmy’s Kitchen First blog anniversary celebration and giveaway.